Zerex ELC

SEABEE08FX4

Reaction score
Anyone ever use this stuff? Open to other suggestions that can be purchased locally. Just heard they make CAT's ELC coolant.

White Stallion

Reaction score
I got Zerex CAT ELC from NAPA for 14.00 a gallon. They changed the design on the jug but just make sure you get the concentrate.

TyCorr

Reaction score
Zerex and chevron are the same stuff lol

I order Cat elc and I get a bunch of different "brands". Depends who has cheaper bottles that month..

Radioflyer

Reaction score
I've got the Zerex ELC in my pickup as well. Good stuff and not bad priced. :thumbsup:

Dzchey21

Reaction score
If its the same as the CAT stuff you probably don't ever need to worry about plugged oil coolers again.

SEABEE08FX4

Reaction score
If its the same as the CAT stuff you probably don't ever need to worry about plugged oil coolers again.

Well I took the extra step and got the BPD plates to remote mount the stock cooler as well, and I'm installing a coolant filter inline with it ahead of the oil cooler to catch any crud too. So I hope with those things combined and my Mishimoto radiator my oil cooler issues will be a thing of the past since this will be oil cooler # 3 in 229K miles.

BBottoms

Reaction score
I used Zerex ELC. It was the cheapest ELC rated concentrate I could find. Bought it through NAPA but had to get a case (6). They had Shell ELC on the shelf but it was about $2 more per gallon. I've got a little extra now for top offs and plan to use it in my tractor.

ELC is getting easier to find. I've recently seen the Shell brand concentrate at Tractor Supply and my local Walmart even had it over the winter, although they didn't have any recently when I was in there.

Reaction score
I haven't bought Ford Gold in over a year. ELC in everything. I think they have some additive to clean the system out because I've cut open a few coolant filters that had all sorts of stuff in them after 5000 miles on trucks that previously had Ford Gold with the filter.

Latest posts

Members online