zf5 no second gear

estrada5.9

Reaction score
Just got back into an OBS (95 F-350 4x4), Found a deal I could not resist but the catch was second gear does not work.

I am leaning towards bent shift fork. Goes far enough to grind a little but not engage. All other gears work perfect.

Would it be possible to replace the shift fork myself without buying any special one time use tools?

If there is a thread on this I would like to read it please post a link. I am all searched out trying to relearn all the OBS stuff.

Thanks,

Brendon

7.3psd97444

Reaction score
Syncros could also be damaged as well. If it were me ide drop the trans, and do a quick rebuild and replacment of any broke, worn parts.

estrada5.9

Reaction score
May have found a parts rig for 1300 bucks.

Its a 2wd 7.3 idi. From what I have read swap the tail housing and the main shaft and it good to go.

It does have a perfect dash pad and it seems that those are worth double there weight in gold.

7.3psd97444

Reaction score
May have found a parts rig for 1300 bucks.

Its a 2wd 7.3 idi. From what I have read swap the tail housing and the main shaft and it good to go.

It does have a perfect dash pad and it seems that those are worth double there weight in gold.

Not sure on the trans...

but yes dash pads are rare not cracked. Specially in that old of a rig. I got mine from a junkyard from a F150 for $20

Latest posts

Members online