Zf6 friendly turbo options for 6.4?

Reaction score
I've found a rclb 6.4 6 speed for a good price. I have a dual fueler kit already and a 468 cast wheel. I'd really like 750-850 whp. Never tow over 8k, may only do that twice a year. Elevation is about 1800 feet. Would I be able to get away with an s472 sx-e with around a 1.0 ex housing? Or could I have the 468 converted to fmw and bolt on a race cover? Any help is appreciated.

Six_Sloww

Reaction score
Being a zf you should be able to stay on top of the turbo but it'll be smokey and hot. The 369's are making great power, I think it's a much better option if you plan on towing, even if it's only twice a year.

Reaction score
Well that's where my train of thought was heading anyway, was worst case I could gear down and lift off the fuel pedal if it got bad with the towing. Ill probably be getting either 30's or 60's for nozzles so I don't know if that will help with keeping the charger going at a lower throttle percentage or not. I do like the 369's as well, just researching all the options for air aside from compounds

getstroked27

Reaction score
I would keep the 468 and just throw a little more fuel at it, it will do what you need it to do, and the S400 chassis will live longer with the added fuel.

CAT35niner

Reaction score
Or has anyone tried a big vgt and t4 atmo?

I have high powers right now. By far my favorite setup. I've been threw a big single 75 and then 66/88 non vgt compounds with 60% injectors dual fuels with supporting mods. It was fun but I wouldn't go back to either.

Black AOD

Reaction score
The only issues once you get into the high HP ranges with VGT chargers is they are weak. You can put all the S300 stuff into you want but you'll never get out of the fact its still an s200 frame and housing. That's where the weakness comes from.

Latest posts

Members online