Zf6 rarity

TooSlow

Reaction score
I've had a zf6 6.4 for about a year now. It's an 08 ccsb. It is a base model truck (XL) but has Power windows and locks, cruise, 40/20/40 cloth seat, etc. pretty much everything to make it an xlt except a vinyl floor and 6 speed.

My question is just how rare is this truck? I've seen some other threads here talking about how rare the zf6 is In a 6.4. I'm thinking mine was probably special order but have no way of knowing. Just curious if anyone has any production numbers for zf6 trucks.

TooSlow

Reaction score
Is that your truck in your avatar? Looks like the same color as mine

TooSlow

Reaction score
I just thought mine had a lot of options to be an XL. When I think of an XL I think of a plain truck with a black grille, a vinyl bench, manual locks and windows, and no a/c. Maybe it's not that way anymore but that's what every other XL I've had was.

qcfarmer

Reaction score
My f-450 is a lariat with a manual tranny. In Canada, they stopped offering the manual transmission in 2008.

powerstroked08

Reaction score
Mines a XLT ZF-6 took almost a year to find it. I wanted to get rid of my 6.0 ECLB for a 6.4 CCLB for the "family" (cough cough) Power! LOL

B585Ford

Reaction score
The numbers I have seen said 1-2% of all '08 6.4s were manuals. It took me 6 months to find mine.

B585Ford

Reaction score
There's only a couple people I can think of that have a 6.4 zf6 lariat, very rare!

I am pretty sure those are special orders. I was told XLT was the highest package you could get (without a special order) for a manual.

Haller's Repair

Reaction score
M/T

Nov 2007 I ordered mine. I needed 176 inch Cab Chassis. F450 6.4L 6-speed. Lariat CC. 4:30 Ratio arrived Jan 7 2008.

kb156

Reaction score
what clutches are you guys all running in your 6.4 zf6s? mines going out and i want a south bend double disc. not going to try and push huge numbers.

7.3powerstroke00

Reaction score
I have an '09 XLT CCLB 4x4 6.4 zf6 picked it up in Colorado about a year ago.
I am running a Valair ceramic dual disc and love it!

B585Ford

Reaction score
what clutches are you guys all running in your 6.4 zf6s? mines going out and i want a south bend double disc. not going to try and push huge numbers.

SB 3850 here. I have the old version (almost 5 yrs old) so it is loud and shifts slow. The newer version shifts a lot better and quieter. Mine has been bulletproof so I wouldn't hesitate to get another one when the time comes.

qcfarmer

Reaction score
SB 3250 here. I run the spartan 250 tune ALL the time whether I am snowplowing, grossing 36000 lbs or driving empty and so far it is doing great (had it for about 6 mos now)

TooSlow

Reaction score
Well since we've already derailed this far. What is a safe tune for a stock clutch? Really only wanting to tune the truck to delete the dpf so I'm not really looking for big power.

kb156

Reaction score
Well since we've already derailed this far. What is a safe tune for a stock clutch? Really only wanting to tune the truck to delete the dpf so I'm not really looking for big power.

well i was running my sct performance tune with a dpf delete.. and clutch started to slip so i just put it on tow and its not slipping at all now.

B585Ford

Reaction score

It has been so long, I can't remember the stock clutch but I would say the smallest tune available.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.