ZF6 Trans

co04cobra

Reaction score
Hey I just wanted to clear up too. Im am NOT in any way trying to discredit valair. I just dont know much about them. When I bought my 97 truck I was told it had a newer 400hp valair in it. I plan on pushing and seeing what it can hold.

I have had very good luck with my SB clutches. In my truck, several customers, and friends. However, they are a bit more pricey. Thats why I am asking about what kind of abuse you have seen or put one through. For my customers that dont want to spend a minimum of 1K. Not trying to start a pissing match.

lukesdiesel

Reaction score
Hey I just wanted to clear up too. Im am NOT in any way trying to discredit valair. I just dont know much about them. When I bought my 97 truck I was told it had a newer 400hp valair in it. I plan on pushing and seeing what it can hold.

I have had very good luck with my SB clutches. In my truck, several customers, and friends. However, they are a bit more pricey. Thats why I am asking about what kind of abuse you have seen or put one through. For my customers that dont want to spend a minimum of 1K. Not trying to start a pissing match.

No pissing match here bud. I've never had one issue with Valair. I would put a Valair against any clutch. I've ran several singles and have customers with their dual discs and a few weighted triples.

Luke

TrailerHauler

Reaction score
Have you towed, or do you you daily drive with the organic/organic you just put in? I noticed their site said not to tow with it, assuming thats because its a bit jumpy, and not supposed to be slipped.

lukesdiesel

Reaction score
The Organic is Smooth but the Ceramic is very Grabby. I had a full ceramic in my 01 Cummins. Its a pita to tow with the ceramic.

Luke

TrailerHauler

Reaction score
What I meant to say was, I noticed their site said not to tow with the ceramic/ceramic, assuming thats because its a bit jumpy, and not supposed to be slipped.

Good to hear your results.

I'm going to just have to give them a call and see what they recommend for a clutch based on my needs. I don't want something thats stupid grabby like a full ceramic, but I want to be able to hold 600 ponies.

lukesdiesel

Reaction score
If your going to tow much I'd highly recommend their towing dual disc. Smooth and holds 450hp+

Luke

TrailerHauler

Reaction score
I was looking at that, but I don't think it will hold enough power. I'll most likely just have to deal with a grabby clutch with one of the higher rated dual disks.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.