Where's all the RCLB 6.4's at? Post them up!

08twinturbo

Reaction score
Thanks. I was looking for that truck for a friend originally. We got there and he "froze" up. I didnt. So it came with me. He has been looking now since I got this one and has still not found one. Pretty rare to find a nice single cab.

Moremph

Reaction score
When I bought It
45038_848039809390_825765_n.jpg

Last Winters Setup
1536639_10101731748464120_1186005423_n.jpg

Todays Look, Im Kinda digging the white/black fx4 look and a cowl hood. Shortbed might be in this trucks future as well
10620545_751513454894510_2361136759750672791_n.jpg

drunk on diesel

Reaction score
I dig the 6.0 5 spokes.

I ended up with a spare set the other day. As soon as I get a set of tires for them, they're going on my reg cab :)

The factory wheels on it were the chrome 5 spoke 17's, so the 6.0 5 spoke 20's won't really be out of place

d.evil

Reaction score
2008_zpsozqn1olw.jpg

Just picked this one up. Coming from basically the same thing but an 01 w/ 7.3.

I've already got an H&S M.M., 5" Stainless ****** kit, S&B intake, sinister cold side, Alradco Intercooler (not that its really needed, but figured why not...looks good and helps with EGTs) and PMF Stage 2 traction bar kit on order.

Debating on wheels & tires, or just leave them stock to help with the sleeper aspect.

7.3powerstroke00

Reaction score
2008_zpsozqn1olw.jpg

Just picked this one up. Coming from basically the same thing but an 01 w/ 7.3.

I've already got an H&S M.M., 5" Stainless ****** kit, S&B intake, sinister cold side, Alradco Intercooler (not that its really needed, but figured why not...looks good and helps with EGTs) and PMF Stage 2 traction bar kit on order.

Debating on wheels & tires, or just leave them stock to help with the sleeper aspect.
Be a fun lil ride! Some stock 20s would look slick on it and still maintain the sleeper aspect.....

sent from the best place on earth! TEXAS!

d.evil

Reaction score
Well not a good start to 6.4 ownership. Truck started making noise and loss of power 50 miles into the trip home after picking it up. Pulled to side of the road and it wouldn't restart. Codes p200e twice and p0087. Towed it back to the dealership that recently replace rockers and lifters for inspection in the morning. I was slightly worried about buying one 500 miles for home!

7.3powerstroke00

Reaction score
Well not a good start to 6.4 ownership. Truck started making noise and loss of power 50 miles into the trip home after picking it up. Pulled to side of the road and it wouldn't restart. Codes p200e twice and p0087. Towed it back to the dealership that recently replace rockers and lifters for inspection in the morning. I was slightly worried about buying one 500 miles for home!
That sucks man, both the 6.4s I've had were long distance deals. One was about 600 miles and the other was about 700, hard to pass up when you find what you want...

P200E code sounds like a good time to make some exhaust pieces become MIA... LOL
c7895b022a0f8ba25e786160bc1c5284.jpg

P0087 is a fuel rail pressure code

Last edited:

d.evil

Reaction score
That sucks man, both the 6.4s I've had were long distance deals. One was about 600 miles and the other was about 700, hard to pass up when you find what you want...

P200E code sounds like a good time to make some exhaust pieces become MIA... LOL
c7895b022a0f8ba25e786160bc1c5284.jpg

P0087 is a fuel rail pressure code

It's getting looked at now by Ford. I Already have a ****** kit & H&S on order, just need to get it home

d.evil

Reaction score
So dealership says truck needs a new oil cooler. Apparently that requires removal of the cab? $2500+ bill for the repair. Thankfully I was able to get my $ back from the folks I bought it from, and they paid for the flight home. So now need to find something to put all these parts I just ordered on!

CT9AIX

Reaction score
Figured I'd bump this thread! Got bored with the look of my truck, so grabbed a set of platinum wheels and put some open country's at2's on, got some PMF 1 1/2" rear blocks and 5.4 front coils. Hopefully I can get to the suspension stuff this weekend or next. Once that's done just got to pull the running boards off and that should satisfy me for 6 months lol

image_zps38qcgxkz.png

CT9AIX

Reaction score
All the cool kids rock platinum wheels lmao. What's your suspension set up if you don't mind me asking? I've also been debating a set of factory fender flares as well.. Still on the fence with those

drunk on diesel

Reaction score
my suspension is stock as a rock... I have a set of factory flares that I was going to have painted when I did my PTM stuff, but my painter wasn't in love with the idea. If I had ponied up for brand new ones from Ford, he would have been all over it, but he didn't want to mess with the used ones. He said he WOULD, but I took it to mean that he was going to pile on the labor charge to the point where I could almost afford new ones LOL

the factory flares are slick. it's one of those things that most people don't notice, but someone who KNOWS about these trucks knows there's about a thousand dollars just accenting the wheel openings!

another taste of that perfect factory stance :p

20150219_132104_zpsql4d3ope.jpg

d.evil

Reaction score
I was debating if 20"s would look too big on a RCLB but I guess not! I'm debating on a set of Harley Davidson 20"s or 2016 Platinums. I really like how the Platinums update the look for the truck a bit.

drunk on diesel

Reaction score
I had Harleys on the truck. If I could find a MINT original set (not reconditioned), I'd run another. Best looking factory wheel IMO.

But both sets I had were nicked up enough to cause my OCD to flare up, so I sold them.

This is about my 9th set of Platinums. I just keep an eye out for a good deal on take-offs, bolt them up, wear them down about 50%, and sell them for a couple hundred less than I paid. Keeps me in fresh rubber for next to nothing.

I also happen to really like the way the Platinums look. I like the KR package ones that are painted gold on the 6.0 and 6.4 two tone trucks too. Also, I have no proof, but I believe the split 7 spoke wheels are less prone to cracking than the 5 or 8 spoke variant factory wheels. Mainly because I've never seen one crack