Where's all the RCLB 6.4's at? Post them up!

RSK

Reaction score
I don't blame you for not cutting it down. Those single cabs will be extinct in the 6.4 one day. I got very lucky on the red one and found it at a ford dealer 2 hours away with 40k miles. When I walked up. Owner came out and introduced his self. He said I guess you know what your looking for because we haven't had any interests in this. Inside my mind I was excited just to see the plain ol truck and already knew what I wanted to do.

did you get a really good deal on your truck? the one i found for sale last night had 53k and they wanted 22k for it...xlt and its in mn which is about 4 hour flight from ct i think.

http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-...AUT&transmissionCodes=AUT&maxPrice=24000&mmt=[FORD[F350[]][]]&featureCodes=1126&modelCode1=F350&driveCode=AWD4WD&showcaseOwnerId=1359953&startYear=2008&makeCode1=FORD&engineCodes=8CLDR&firstRecord=51&searchRadius=0&extColorsSimple=WHITE%2CBLACK&listingId=385124566&Log=0

then i found this little gem but wondering why it has 6.0 mirrors on it and 6.4 mirrors?

RSK

Reaction score
that's what started me on the hunt for mine...

My CCLB F350 service truck was my first Ford, and I quickly fell in love with it. So much so that I wanted a matching reg cab to play with. I was going to do it exactly the same. Oxford white, stone interior, chrome package, 20's, etc.

Only took me 3yrs to find the right truck at the right price. My work/play twins motif went off track and I ended up taking it a little farther than I'd anticipated.

I'd actually consider selling my truck if I could find the perfect 2wd truck. I just really want a short bed, but I'm not a huge fan of RCSB 4wd trucks, and I, personally, feel like my truck is "rare" enough to warrant not cutting it down.

can we get a visual of your sweet regular cab again?

drunk on diesel

Reaction score
I don't blame you for not cutting it down. Those single cabs will be extinct in the 6.4 one day. I got very lucky on the red one and found it at a ford dealer 2 hours away with 40k miles. When I walked up. Owner came out and introduced his self. He said I guess you know what your looking for because we haven't had any interests in this. Inside my mind I was excited just to see the plain ol truck and already knew what I wanted to do.

I think you're right. Growing up I was into mustangs and stuff.

People always want stuff they drooled over in their youth. But these days, whenever I look at/think about buying an old fox body or something, I find myself only looking at unmodded/unmolested cars. Maybe VERY light bolt-on mods.

I've only done easily-reversible stuff (so far :eek: )

drunk on diesel

Reaction score
can we get a visual of your sweet regular cab again?

I don't have any current ones. It's currently rolling on OEM Platinums w/ Michelins.

I kinda got tired of the truck always being dirty if it so much as sprinkled outside, but I also need to get my AF's refinished/polished :(

I'm thinking about buying some 22x11's so they'll tuck correctly and not get the truck so dirty.

Anyhow, these are the only pics I have currently hosted

IMG_20140924_182457_242_zps74331c5b.jpg

IMG_20140924_192121_564_zpsf9339006.jpg

IMG_20140924_190208_254_zpsde53c245.jpg

08twinturbo

Reaction score
did you get a really good deal on your truck? the one i found for sale last night had 53k and they wanted 22k for it...xlt and its in mn which is about 4 hour flight from ct i think.

http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-...AUT&transmissionCodes=AUT&maxPrice=24000&mmt=[FORD[F350[]][]]&featureCodes=1126&modelCode1=F350&driveCode=AWD4WD&showcaseOwnerId=1359953&startYear=2008&makeCode1=FORD&engineCodes=8CLDR&firstRecord=51&searchRadius=0&extColorsSimple=WHITE%2CBLACK&listingId=385124566&Log=0

then i found this little gem but wondering why it has 6.0 mirrors on it and 6.4 mirrors?

Hey I got a pretty good deal by blue book value. Ford dealer wanted 18,900. When I walked up he offered it right away at 17,500. I offered 16,500 and made the deal. Clean retail on it was 22,000 with the low miles. But what's crazy is these trucks hold their value well because I only paid 24,000 for my single cab 4x4 in 08. Which was insanely cheap because of the low prices in 08.

08twinturbo

Reaction score
I think you're right. Growing up I was into mustangs and stuff.

People always want stuff they drooled over in their youth. But these days, whenever I look at/think about buying an old fox body or something, I find myself only looking at unmodded/unmolested cars. Maybe VERY light bolt-on mods.
We'd
I've only done easily-reversible stuff (so far :eek: )

Exactly. I always save my stock stuff and I never go past the point of return. Most people don't give you time of day if too much is done when you go to sell.

Meniacal_Mark

Reaction score
I noticed that quite a while back, they would probably sell faster if they had cab lights lol.

drunk on diesel

Reaction score
that is odd... looks like somebody sold a fleet of them, but the minimal miles is odd. I wonder what engine hours look like.

with that said, I'm the opposite when it comes to cab lights... if I'm paying top dollar for something, it's a deal-breaker.

I can always add a set of inexpensive OEM cab lights for a couple hundred bucks if somebody insists on it, but it costs way more to remove a set!!!

obs7.3

Reaction score
that is odd... looks like somebody sold a fleet of them, but the minimal miles is odd. I wonder what engine hours look like.

with that said, I'm the opposite when it comes to cab lights... if I'm paying top dollar for something, it's a deal-breaker.

I can always add a set of inexpensive OEM cab lights for a couple hundred bucks if somebody insists on it, but it costs way more to remove a set!!!

Recon LED cab lights, all 5, with the wiring harness. $100 bucks. Haha :thumbup:

Matt

Reaction score
Somebody told me the burgundy trucks were test trucks driven by Ford or something of that nature.

drunk on diesel

Reaction score
I just like a more sporty look vs. a work truck look. On a 4wd I can handle them, but on a 2wd or lowered 4wd, I prefer a slick roof.

And no offense to anybody who has one, but I want to build a RCSB, and there is NO WAY I will consider a truck w/ cab lights for that... just a little too "sombrero" for my taste :eek:

I used to add cab lights to all my old trucks that didn't have them. Then one day I just kinda snapped and now I prefer them slick. And I buy/sell a few trucks here and there, and I like to appeal to the most buyers possible...

Like I said, way easy to add them, very difficult to remove them... so I prefer without as a rule. The truck can appeal to all buyers that way :D

08twinturbo

Reaction score
You have to have one truck with that cowl. I promise you will like it once it's on. Gauranteed.

Latest posts

Members online