2014 Sema project

jordan572

Reaction score
Finally you are on PSA Jordan. The race is on brother.

Yea, I've been a lurker for years was just never a member until about a year ago. I couldn't take it anymore on the other forums anymore, this one actually has some knowledgeable content and people.

jordan572

Reaction score
How many chisels did you go through getting the rivets out LOL or how many times did you stop to go to the grinder

:rockon:, basically just drill bits, the heads won't chisel off until you got a huge hole drilled into them. Any way you look at it it seemed there was no best method, just put your head down and go for it.

jordan572

Reaction score
The underside of the cab will be painted along with the bottom side of the box. After walking under the cab still on the hoist endless amounts of time I had enough of the foam seam sealer oozing out of every overlap on the cab. I spent some hours cleaning out all the excess sealer. There is no doubt that is some tuff stuff. Don't worry, the primer is temporary to prevent any potential rusting before it is painted. It's the little things that I'm hoping will make this truck unique, time consuming but worth it in my opinion. I think it should look really nice painted black to contrast against the ruby red frame. I can't wait to get the main show on the road, once the paint starts flying things are going to get serious.

IMG_1208.jpg

IMG_1209.jpg

IMG_1343.jpg

IMG_1342.jpg

IMG_1341.jpg

Dave

Reaction score
Damn yeah im definitely driving up to check this out

Sent from my SCH-I925 using Tapatalk

jordan572

Reaction score
Now for the real fun stuff, all that platinum trim. The door handles and mirror caps are staying until the cab is off the lift. This almost made me want a lariat after dealing with that tailgate plaque. Its complete nonsense how many clips there are in that thing. I was really stressed while working this trim piece off the gate, $1100 dollars supposedly for that part. Anyway I cut a bunch of paint sticks up to keep the panel propped. I thought I had an upper hand with a picture that was posted by inmotionjosh but it didn't free the clips by any means. With an array of tools we spent about an hour working this thing off there, I hope to never have to do this again. It could have been taped off since there is a slight ridge around the piece but come on now.

IMG_1195.jpg

IMG_1196.jpg

IMG_1197.jpg

IMG_1198.jpg

IMG_1202.jpg

2000wa250

Reaction score
Holy clips batman! Whats the plan? Is that trim piece going back on?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

zilla68

Reaction score
that's insane the amount of clips.

I do have an honest question though.
When building a sema truck, is your shop taking on the full cost, buying truck, parts (that aren't sponsored), paint, labor etc?

what happens after sema, does it sell, or do you keep it?

I'm sure a lot is a tax write off but I've always wondered what happens to the over the top trucks like this after its all said and done.

Nice work, I can't wait to see it done, as you are I'm sure, lol.
It's gonna be bad ass for sure!

jordan572

Reaction score
that's insane the amount of clips.

I do have an honest question though.
When building a sema truck, is your shop taking on the full cost, buying truck, parts (that aren't sponsored), paint, labor etc?

what happens after sema, does it sell, or do you keep it?

I'm sure a lot is a tax write off but I've always wondered what happens to the over the top trucks like this after its all said and done.

Nice work, I can't wait to see it done, as you are I'm sure, lol.
It's gonna be bad ass for sure!

Some of these trucks already have an owner, others are sold shortly after the show. There is also the rest that hold onto them for a year or so and sell if they are presented with a reasonable offer. Personally I don't know exactly where I fall, if someone presents me a reasonable offer I will for sure consider but I am not building this thing strictly to sell. It seems so many builds have this idea in mind, they use lesser lifts, parts, detail work and labor to try to keep costs reasonable and potentially make money on the build. I'm looking to build the truck I've dreamed of for the past 5 years. PMF and The Diesel Cartel have really stepped up to help me out as best they can. A few other sponsors have helped out but for the most part we are fronting all expenses. Some other's compromise what products they run based on sponsorships, I disagree. Like I said, this is our build that we have envisioned for so many years, were not going to build our truck around sponsored product. More power to those that can flip their builds, I'm taking my time. Labor is out of the window for the most part, however long it takes to make it how we want is what it will be. :thumbup:

getstroked27

Reaction score
well shoot, matching trucks FTW. were building a ruby red (or whatever color it is) 14 as well. ive been meaning to get a thread going but theres nothing exciting yet. trucks been sitting in the shop for 7 months lookin all sad n stuff. best of luck on the build bro, see yah in vegas!

drunk on diesel

Reaction score
what are your plans with the Platinum trim? we went through the same thing painting all my Platinum stuff Oxford white for my reg cab.

jordan572

Reaction score
what are your plans with the Platinum trim? we went through the same thing painting all my Platinum stuff Oxford white for my reg cab.

Probably shoot the plaque on the gate matte black along with the grille bars. Door handles and mirror caps, and basically the rest of the chrome will go black or body color. Grille surround body color but everything should make more sense as things come together.

jordan572

Reaction score
I'll get back to it a little bit here, not much has been going on though. We're just trying to stay patient as Trevor designs and fabs the lift. It's going to be killer for sure. I already know it's going to be an all out dash to the finish like always unfortunately.

Latest posts

Members online