38r turbo. 02 7.3 lot of problems help please???

TyCorr

Reaction score
BTW, I like the weld in stub idea..

Cuz its awesome? Freeze plug? Mehhhhh, thats kinda cheesy, in my opinion. Not really a fix but a bandaid. I had brass plugs and thought "naw, i have a better idea."

I cut the rod on either side of the butterfly and there were two little pieces left. Remove the snap rings and clean the holes up.

shorty2tall

Reaction score
What color smoke should I have after doing the injectors and how long will it smoke for?
How do I upload a video? So then you all can see what's going on cuz I'm worried and tired of trying to fix this.

Patrick's iPhone5

shorty2tall

Reaction score
Here's a vid. Any help would be awesome.
Seems to be coming from drivers side when I get the valve cover back off 1 injector when disconnected made a big difference 2 a small difference and 1 no difference at all.
http://youtu.be/EfUERFU6UVM

Patrick's iPhone5

Powerstroke Cowboy

Reaction score
WOW!! Like Joe said that is not normal AT all! All i have for questions is the ones Joe asked plus. What size injectors are they? Where the injectors used or fresh reman? When you unhooked the injectors like that did the smoke clear up after you did the ones that makes no difference in how it runs? What does your oil look like?

Who built the injectors? if you want you can PM me.

Other things that i have seen make a knock like that would be bent push rods.

CSIPSD

Reaction score
WOW!! Like Joe said that is not normal AT all! All i have for questions is the ones Joe asked plus. What size injectors are they? Where the injectors used or fresh reman? When you unhooked the injectors like that did the smoke clear up after you did the ones that makes no difference in how it runs? What does your oil look like?

Who built the injectors? if you want you can PM me.

Other things that i have seen make a knock like that would be bent push rods.

I might suspect a pushrod if it didnt have that much smoke, but that looks like a lot of raw fuel, with alot of oil...

golfer

Reaction score
I might suspect a pushrod if it didnt have that much smoke, but that looks like a lot of raw fuel, with alot of oil...

definitely sounds valve train related...

if an intake valve were not opening...that cylinder will draw a vacuum on the intake stroke...the inj will still inject the fuel...but it will not burn (no air/oxygen)...so that unburnt raw fuel will exit the tailpipe just like this.

definitely sounds rough...

check all rockers for movement when idling would be my suggestion...and don't drive it until it's sorted

shorty2tall

Reaction score
All the tickets are moving good.
Put new oring on all of them and all the coppers came out when I pulled the old ones.
Talked to my builder he thinks cracked tip going to pull them and send them to him Monday.
Hopefully that's the problem.
He thinks maybe air or junk got in there and caused the problem.

Patrick's iPhone5

TyCorr

Reaction score
You just got some really good, well-trained advice. You probably better look into their suggestions also. I would get those injectors inspected as well, as you are.

CSIPSD

Reaction score
All the tickets are moving good.
Put new oring on all of them and all the coppers came out when I pulled the old ones.
Talked to my builder he thinks cracked tip going to pull them and send them to him Monday.
Hopefully that's the problem.
He thinks maybe air or junk got in there and caused the problem.

Patrick's iPhone5

Farmers?

2000wa250

Reaction score
Looks and sounds exactly like mine did when I broke a rocker arm bolt. Intake side. Same exact sound, same amount of smoke, same symptoms. I'd check valve train before you pull the sticks. Easy to do, could find the source right there, and save yourself the work of pulling the sticks.

Regardless, you're gonna be in there if you're pulling the sticks, so might as well do it first. If you find nothing, then continue with pulling the sticks. Even if you pull the sticks and send them off and nothing is wrong with them you're gonna be chasing the same issue again, so might as well narrow it down first.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

shorty2tall

Reaction score
No change I'm smoke when I unplugged injectors I'll look at the rockers today I already sent the injectors off. Thanks for all the advice and help so far guys!

Patrick's iPhone5

CSIPSD

Reaction score
Yes, but do it with the injectors in... Otherwise your going to have a mess on your hands.

A big mess...

David N

Reaction score
You should be able to visually look at the rocker arms and see if they're broken. Annnnnd you shouldn't have had to take the injectors out to look at the rocker arms. Obviously none of them are broken, because it would be pretty damn obvious if one were.

CSIPSD

Reaction score
You should be able to visually look at the rocker arms and see if they're broken. Annnnnd you shouldn't have had to take the injectors out to look at the rocker arms. Obviously none of them are broken, because it would be pretty damn obvious if one were.

Hard to tell if there is a lifter issue without cranking however...

and he said above he sent the injectors off already. And as slow as farmers is, it might be a while...

shorty2tall

Reaction score
Well after I get the injectors back ill pop them back I'm and look for lifter issues cuz the rocker arms look fine and no broken bolts.

Patrick's iPhone5

Latest posts

Members online