38r turbo. 02 7.3 lot of problems help please???

TyCorr

Reaction score
Use only Ford or IH gaskets/harnesses. While the VCs are off, make sure all injectors are equally exhausting oil from the spout. If you find one moving much less or no oil, unplug it and verify if miss changes. An IDM code could be harness wiring related or internal to the IDM. Im guessing that if the IDM was firing good before, its likely ok now and you should focus attention on the electrical connections under the VC.

Why did you change injectors in the first place? You never said. Were you having similar miss issues ? Is the miss better or worse than before any injectors were replaced?

On edit; not aware of other back stories with suppliers here... just following the OPs comments.

Dude, I bought new ones from ford over the.winter and one went from the undamaged bag to the head and under the valvecover. It didnt work. Put some.new ones Mink sold me on and it was fine. I get more shti parts from Ford every year. Its worse every year. Is it because our trucks are getting old?

My only point is, if Im aware of quality issues(especially for the premium price.they charge) then you guys who.are vendors or run shops have to know.

Its crazy to assume that what hes using is junk. I.mean if you guys only use ford stuff how.do you know that other stuff is garbage?

Id prefer an aftermarket company start making parts that increase quality. Its a pretty common discussion around here about parts from the ford garage not.being any better than what anybody else has. Aaaand thy dont like to.warranty stuff out.

TyCorr

Reaction score
I thought so...

I was not going to out and say hey man your problem is because you did not use this part company, Without knowing what he used. Why tell him he did it wrong when I did not know yet????

If you have a problem with me TY. PM me.. Thanks.

I dont have a problem with you. I just expect more.from.a vendor. But thats probably my issue, not yours.

Carry on.

Powerstroke Cowboy

Reaction score
I dont have a problem with you. I just expect more.from.a vendor. But thats probably my issue, not yours.

Carry on.

Ty just so you know I have not used Ford Gaskets under the Valve cover yet. All I have used was Dorman Parts. :eek: The parts that most guys will tell you will not last or might not even work at all. I have had no problems yet. AND they are about half the price of the FORD parts.

Ty I have not bought Ford Gaskets for under the valve cover. Do you know where the ones you bought were made??

I have found a suppler that has "OEM" Parts that are made in the USA. Says it right on the gasket.

Would like to know where the ones you bought were made.

Ty I will try to do better on the information side of things. Thanks for pointing that out.

mandkole

Reaction score
Ty, I guess I havent been paying attention to comments on ford parts. Working for a supplier that sells to both automotive and heavy truck mfgrs, I can say that supply of components to aging vehicle programs does begin to change. When the demand volume drops like a stone on legacy 10-15 year old vehicles, the supply base shrinks quickly--especially when the OE does not want to pay new prices for that shrunken volume. They still want the 500,000 pc price for 5,000 units.

Guys like ford often do not have extensive supplier bases for many of these parts. International was likely source control for a lot of this engine harness stuff even though they were parts for a Ford installation. You've got the approved guy and the guys looking in. To Ford, these are just part numbers and they dont pay attention to performance rates.

All of this said, its very possible that Ford's branded parts are changing-- and not for the better.

Latest posts

Members online