38r turbo. 02 7.3 lot of problems help please???

shorty2tall

Reaction score
Ok so there was a cracked nozzle from water. Builder said there was surface rust on all injectors he cleaned them up and fixed the nozzle and I should have then at the end of this week or beginning of next.
Now my question how do I get all the water out? What's the easiest way? I would rather not drop the tank.

Patrick's iPhone5

CSIPSD

Reaction score
Ok so there was a cracked nozzle from water. Builder said there was surface rust on all injectors he cleaned them up and fixed the nozzle and I should have then at the end of this week or beginning of next.
Now my question how do I get all the water out? What's the easiest way? I would rather not drop the tank.

Patrick's iPhone5

Were these new injectors or ???

You don’t have enough water in the tank to cause an issue like this on "new" injectors... Unless you have removed the fuel bowl?

If your that worried about it, add a post pump Napa filter head with a water separator filter.

I think your builder is FOS, but you have avoided outing him...

shorty2tall

Reaction score
They were reman injectors.
Do you have the part numbers for that? Or a write up on it?
And the truck has been sitting off and on for close to a year due to no time or money to fix with half a tank and with the weather changing like it does here could expansion and contraction caused moist air get in the tank and combined with possible bad diesel cuz last time I put diesel in it just after couple people told me they've had bad luck with that place on diesel and water.

Patrick's iPhone5

CSIPSD

Reaction score
They were reman injectors.
Do you have the part numbers for that? Or a write up on it?
And the truck has been sitting off and on for close to a year due to no time or money to fix with half a tank and with the weather changing like it does here could expansion and contraction caused moist air get in the tank and combined with possible bad diesel cuz last time I put diesel in it just after couple people told me they've had bad luck with that place on diesel and water.

Patrick's iPhone5

Filter head...

http://www.strictlydiesel.com/p-2762-fuel-filter-base.aspx

Complete pre pump kit with a water seperator...

http://www.strictlydiesel.com/p-2662-driven-diesel-fuel-tank-pre-pump-kit.aspx

Honestly your truck has a water filter built in... While its never good to leave it sit that long, throw some water remover in it, fill the tank and move on.

Your builder is FOS and CYA... From what you have told us your truck started to run like that the minute you fired it up.

Throw a bottle or two of power service in the tank, fill the tank, install your injectors and go.

shorty2tall

Reaction score
Thank you sir!
Where do I get water remover?
Will I be good to put water remover in then injectors power service and fill up?

Patrick's iPhone5

CSIPSD

Reaction score
I would just drain and fill your fuel bowl with it.

Dip your injectors in motor oil before installing, or wipe them down good with it.

TyCorr

Reaction score
Jesus man. Cant you search or look anything up? If you know of 911, you should know what its intended usage is. Not being a dick but doing a little investigation for yourself is how you'll learn.

Now on to being constructive. Go into the aisle in your local farm n fleet, rural king, tractor supply, big r, or truck stop and start grabbing bottles and reading what they do. I believe diesel kleen disperses water as does power services brand "white"(the bottle color). Stanadyne, redline, and many other companies make additives that will mitigate moisture in your diesel fuel and many other things including raising cetane numbers. Most stations cetane numbers are horribly low and that affects you r bottom line. Unfortunately, you'd have to spend money on additive to restore tue cetane values. Its.basically a case of you aren't getting what you pay for. Its a joke. Especially considering diesel fuels cost in juxtaposition to gasoline.

My dad has been super trucking for 55 years and he swears by Howe's diesel additive but he runs A LOT of biodiesel. In the height of summer he's running b100. Personally, in your shoes, Id dump a bottle of seafoam in the fuel bowl and one in the tank and let it clean your fuel.

shorty2tall

Reaction score
thank you Tycorr I tried goggling stuff but didn't find anything helpful other then stuff that many of the places other than truck stops you mentioned we don't have here.
not trying to be a pain in the ass or anything also am at work trying to figure stuff out.

But again thank you ill get 2 bottles of sefoam and put one in the fuel bowl and one in the tank and then go fill up and start running power service again every fill up like I did when the truck ran good.

TyCorr

Reaction score
I honestly dont run additives anymore. I gave up. Dieselkleen never gave me better mileage just averaged mine out. It made crappy fuel better and made good fuel worse. I stopped using it and discovered where I shouldnt be buying fuel. Problem solved.

The only additive that was truly noticeable, for me/results may vary/etc, was ford cetane improver.

shorty2tall

Reaction score
Ok so I finally got the truck back together!
Now my only problem is code 1316 and still a miss at idle and a slight knock but yet again it's fine then the knock starts it's not soon as I start it.
I'll most another vid

Patrick's iPhone5

Powerstroke Cowboy

Reaction score
Here is what the code P1316 stands for>> Injector circuit/IDM codes detected

Do you have a extra IDM to test with?? My guess is that your Injector wire harness is bad. OR is not plugged in right. The first thing I would do is check the under valve cover wire harness. What you want to do is undo the connectors and see if there is any burnt spots on them. i would do it on all the injectors, the main plug that goes into the valve cover harness then the plug under the valve covers. There has got to be something not right there.

Have you tried unplugging the injectors one at a time to see what cylinder is missing??

TyCorr

Reaction score
Yea cuz the ford one on the drivers side that was defective right out of the package was a quality part.

If you are going to say something, why not come out with it. Leading like this drives me nuts. Just tell him ______ vc gaskets are junk because they _____.

I dont know where you guys are buying your parts but next time I get a "quality Ford " part and find made in China on it Im gonna go and shove it right up the parts guys ***kin ass. Fords really suckin the dikc on parts the last two years. Dewshbags.

Powerstroke Cowboy

Reaction score
Yea cuz the ford one on the drivers side that was defective right out of the package was a quality part.

If you are going to say something, why not come out with it. Leading like this drives me nuts. Just tell him ______ vc gaskets are junk because they _____.

I dont know where you guys are buying your parts but next time I get a "quality Ford " part and find made in China on it Im gonna go and shove it right up the parts guys ***kin ass. Fords really suckin the dikc on parts the last two years. Dewshbags.

Was this post aimed at me?

TyCorr

Reaction score
Duh :doh:

Were you not going to tell him he's gotta get ford parts? The leadoff is certainly there.

Powerstroke Cowboy

Reaction score
I thought so...

I was not going to out and say hey man your problem is because you did not use this part company, Without knowing what he used. Why tell him he did it wrong when I did not know yet????

If you have a problem with me TY. PM me.. Thanks.

mandkole

Reaction score
Use only Ford or IH gaskets/harnesses. While the VCs are off, make sure all injectors are equally exhausting oil from the spout. If you find one moving much less or no oil, unplug it and verify if miss changes. An IDM code could be harness wiring related or internal to the IDM. Im guessing that if the IDM was firing good before, its likely ok now and you should focus attention on the electrical connections under the VC.

Why did you change injectors in the first place? You never said. Were you having similar miss issues ? Is the miss better or worse than before any injectors were replaced?

On edit; not aware of other back stories with suppliers here... just following the OPs comments.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online