6.0 common rail project

Wayne

Reaction score
Awesome build guys! Now that everything's figured out, its about time for you to be replacing that v10! :poke:
LOL That requires more money and time. As of now, my truck is eating up all my spare everything. when I do the excursion, I'll be using an entire 6.4 donor truck so I can have the dash, updated axles/suspension, cosmetics, etc of the 6.4. Everything from the windshield posts forward will be replaced, plus the rest of the drivetrain, of course.

So are you guys running the factory Ford 6.4 ecm
Yep, sourced from a manual trans setup. We're tying all the critical engine sensor wiring from the 6.0 into the 6.4 harness so the factory 6.0 gauges will work properly, and more importantly, the transmission. This will have the factory diagnostic port servicing everything but the engine. Then the other one will provide data for all the engine vitals. Air conditioning will still be done with the 6.0 circuitry, but on the 6.4 compressor to keep things simple. The engine electronics will be as stand-alone as possible, and still have the factory cruise control & gauges work as they should. Tuning on this one will be fun too, as we'll still be using the SCT X3 to tune the transmission separately from the engine. There are a million ways we could've done it, but after going over our options time, and time again, we decided this would be best, simplest method, especially if we decide to offer stand-alone harnesses in the future.

Last edited:

POWER-STRUCK

Reaction score
cool build guys!

i would love to see someone use a 6.4 shortblock in a 6.0 truck getting some studs built and have a huei 6.4 single vgt

bft blue oval boys

Reaction score
Awesome project! I've always loved the 05-07 body style most as well.

Great work on it, can't wait to see the finished product.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

2006.1f250

Reaction score
Looks good Wayne! Awesome work as always.

So, Ralph changed up the build again? That will be one nice truck when he makes up his mind on what he wants.

strokin6L

Reaction score
Everything sounds really cool with these builds Wayne. So sounds like they'll need trans tunes and ECM tunes on the SCT? Are there two different OBDII ports so that you can download an ECM tune through one port for the engine and use the other OBDII port to tune the trans?

Wayne

Reaction score
Looks good Wayne! Awesome work as always.

So, Ralph changed up the build again? That will be one nice truck when he makes up his mind on what he wants.
Yeah, he's mostly made up his mind. It's up to us to find the time to finish it mostly. -a situation I think you're unfortunately familiar with. FWIW, your engine and compounds are full assembled on a stand waiting for a chance to install it in the truck.

Everything sounds really cool with these builds Wayne. So sounds like they'll need trans tunes and ECM tunes on the SCT? Are there two different OBDII ports so that you can download an ECM tune through one port for the engine and use the other OBDII port to tune the trans?
We're sticking with non-sct tuning for the ECM so we don't have to buy pyrometer probes for the non-existent DPF system. It's an unnecessary expense to add at this point. There will be separate diagnostic ports though.

Wayne

Reaction score
Everything we do on the h&s is through MCC software. Bentley has opened up a few extra tables for us too, so we can do whatever we want. This truck will be tuned by Tadd, and it looks like Matt @ gearhead will also build some tunes for it.

Wayne

Reaction score
finally back on finishing it up. The engine had to come back out for a different LPOP as the aftermarket one we spec'ed wasn't enough. The factory LPOP is eliminated, and we had to add an additional bung to the oil pan. Now to put the engine back in, and do some live tuning.