6.0 common rail project

2006.1f250

Reaction score
Yeah, he's mostly made up his mind. It's up to us to find the time to finish it mostly. -a situation I think you're unfortunately familiar with. FWIW, your engine and compounds are full assembled on a stand waiting for a chance to install it in the truck.

Sounds good! I know he will be happy with it when you get it together.

Wayne

Reaction score
Pretty good. Got the true-trac installed, and most of the low pressure fuel system done. The 3/4" pickup tube, A1000 pump, and Dahl 200 filter are all mounted. Most of the return line is done too. We didn't want to bother with a fuel cooler, reservoir, and extra radiator up front, and in the engine compartment, so this is getting a fuel cooler mounted to the steel bracket in front of the fuel tank, similar to how the duramax trucks do it. It should help keep the engine compartment clean too. I'm hoping to see the fuel cooler some time this coming week. I hope to have a shiny new engine, and transmission to put between the frame rails very soon as well.

Wayne

Reaction score
Here's a pic of the completed fuel cooler.
2013-01-15_11-15-54_733.jpg

Wayne

Reaction score
Just out of curiosity what are you doing with the cooling section on the VGT actuator?

going to be using regular engine coolant, splicing in on the heater return line. It would be ideal to keep it at the lower temperature, but this should be more than sufficient. Also, we spec'd out the fuel cooler to also be more than sufficient, but if necessary, we will add a thermostatically controlled fan pulling air through it.

ncollins64

Reaction score
Hey wayne sorry for the derail, did you ever come up with anything on the oil filter kit for me and also what brand is that fuel cooler and part number for it? Thanks

TyCorr

Reaction score
All that proprietary hoggidy boggidy aside, can a guy (esp a 7.3 guy, like myself) use any heat exchanger for a fuel.cooler? Or is there some care to be.given to what is used?

Wayne

Reaction score
You can use whatever heat exchanger you want so long as it is diesel fuel compatible, handles the pressure it will see, and is capable of dissipating enough heat for your demands. Oh yeah, it needs to fit in your mounting location. :doh:

mike@haller's

Reaction score
why not just buy the factory chevy duramax fuel cooler. it comes with a mount, fuel lines to accept hoses already on it and a cage around it to deflect rocks.

TyCorr

Reaction score
You can use whatever heat exchanger you want so long as it is diesel fuel compatible, handles the pressure it will see, and is capable of dissipating enough heat for your demands. Oh yeah, it needs to fit in your mounting location. :doh:

Roger that...i like the looks of your solution. Very well thought out.

Latest posts

Members online