6.0 common rail project

Wayne

Reaction score
Thanks guys. I ran into a snag on our CCV of all things, with the rear vent outlet running straight into the heater box, as well as the 6.4 trans dip stick in the same area, so with some minor fitting adjustments, and hopefully a 6.0 trans dipstick, the cab will be down permanently today. I sure do love having some nice turbo blankets on this setup. Everything is pretty tight around the top of the engine, so I'm glad we went this route. I'd strongly recommend it to anyone considering this build with this turbo combo.

The more it goes together, the more jealous I become of some of the components going on. I'm really liking how the fuel cooler relocation is turning out. So long as it works in the end, we'll be good to go.

Wayne

Reaction score
Hopefully within a few weeks. I'm working on several major builds at the same time, but I do have the cab fully dropped & attached now. It's mostly a lack of time situation to do the final wiring.

Last edited:

MorganY

Reaction score
Hopefully within a few weeks. I'm working on several major builds at the same time, but I do have the cab fully dropped & attached now. It's mostly a lack of time situation to do the final wiring.

Crazy how there isn't enough time in the day, huh?

This is going to be one happy customer.

Wayne

Reaction score
That one is actually Nathannial's baby. It looks to be finished in the next month or two now we have the oil supply figured out completely.

Wayne

Reaction score
The sled pulling truck is all but done, and is driving around. It's off to the dyno when we get a little time.

This truck is coming along as well. Here's where we ended on it tonight:
964045_459714257443529_1080845248_o.jpg

Wayne

Reaction score
looks nice sitting in there. any idea when it could possibly be running?
At this point all I can say is it's close. All the interior is already powered up. All the underhood wires are marked, and the majority of the difficult wiring is behind us. Theoretically all the factory '05 gauges and other features will work, but I'm sure we'll uncover some more obstacles.

Wow. Incredible job Wayne.

Looks killer. That air filter is gonna take some plumbing to fit. Does the precision koozie come standard? Lol.

Good work guys!
Thanks guys :D There's actually tons of space for the air filter kit. The pic is kind of deceiving. We did have to mount the vacuum canister and second battery on the driver side to get all the room for the air intake and twin pump stuff, but it should work good. Even the A/C lines and hydroboost seemed to be an easy match... as if the truck were designed to handle it.:lookaround: If wiring wasn't such a PITA I'm sure a conversion like this would be a lot more common than dropping 2 cylinders.

Lubbockguy1979

Reaction score
Dare I say it but don't you wish ford would make swaps as easy as the chevy stuff is. Plug and play harnesses etc easy swaps. Hell you could probably put a duramax in easier than the 6.4

Pizza pig

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Doing a duramax swap from
An 01-02 to am 03+ is a nightmare... Trust me nothing is ever, easy....

Meniacal_Mark

Reaction score
Most of the reason people do cummins swaps, lots of room to work with on an I6. I always thought a 7.3 to 6.4 swap would be cool.

Latest posts

Members online