6.4 2.6 pulling truck build

simonton6.4

Reaction score
Hmm I wonder If I could slide by techs with a hitch like that really like the truck man were doing two of them now one close to yours and the other on a less budget can't wait to see how this thing does man good luck this weekend i think I seen some where that you said you was gonna hook this weekend?

simonton6.4

Reaction score
Hitch Updated- Hook point must be no closer than 44” of centerline of rear axle, hitch height maximum of 26”, with a minimum of a 3.75” X 3.0” opening. Hitch point must be easily accessed. No “trick” type hitches permitted. Hitch must be stationary in all directions. Hitch must be frame mounted. Hitch must be mounted centerline of rear axle or behind. Hitch must not exceed a maximum of 25 degree angle from pivot point to hook point.

So where it says hitch must be mounted center line of axle or behind that's how your getting away with it? Because the hing is mounted there?

MINK

Reaction score
sweet!!! I have some tail lights coming your way that will look much better pumpkin!!

Groomzybanshee

Reaction score
Hitch Updated- Hook point must be no closer than 44” of centerline of rear axle, hitch height maximum of 26”, with a minimum of a 3.75” X 3.0” opening. Hitch point must be easily accessed. No “trick” type hitches permitted. Hitch must be stationary in all directions. Hitch must be frame mounted. Hitch must be mounted centerline of rear axle or behind. Hitch must not exceed a maximum of 25 degree angle from pivot point to hook point.

So where it says hitch must be mounted center line of axle or behind that's how your getting away with it? Because the hing is mounted there?

His hitch is mounted center line of the axle. It doesn't say no supports infornt of the axle is how I understand it.

Reaction score

My hitch is 23* mounted @ centerline of rear axle. Also at the end of the rules in the 2013 amendments it says pulling hitches allowed. No longer does it have to be a frame bolted solid Reese hitch.

It's legal I assure you.

rsieck

Reaction score
Is 165" the wheelbase for a cclb? I know for the 2.6 Outlaw class, they only allow 158", which makes all cclb's illegal. I'm just curious. Looks good!!

Surprised more people haven't built more 6.4 pulling trucks, especially with how "easy" you can make power in them...lol

Crack85

Reaction score
Is 165" the wheelbase for a cclb? I know for the 2.6 Outlaw class, they only allow 158", which makes all cclb's illegal. I'm just curious. Looks good!!

Surprised more people haven't built more 6.4 pulling trucks, especially with how "easy" you can make power in them...lol

Still cheaper to make more power in a fummins...

simonton6.4

Reaction score
O no man I wasn't saying it wasn't legal lol I was just wondering of that's what you was basing your hitch off of sorry if it came off as something else was just trying to understand y'all's rules to see if I could maybe get by with something like that I really like your set up

Erikclaw

Reaction score
I think lubeowner called you out. LOL. Looks bad ass Morgan, love the thought of getting the hpfp out of the valley. Would have saved some headaches for me and Elite this year for sure.

Latest posts

Members online