600 HP with the DPF on?

Reaction score
most delete for the mileage gain. is that even possible with the dpf present ? doubt it.

I actually gained mileage going from my '15 with factory ford non-emissions (Mexico) tunes to full emissions on adding your intake and a 64mm and superchips. Since I have switched back to delete tunes I've went from 14mpg to 10-11...

powerstroked08

Reaction score
Cat did that on road for a while. It made a big mess with condensation and other problems.

Ahh ok. It would just be nice to have clean egr. And why do you think your milage went down with the tuning change? Are the timing tables way different or ebp higher? I'm sure you already did this but can you copy all of the dpf on tables and paste them to the dpf off tune tables and see if it makes any difference?

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
I gained 3.7 on my 13 by deleting , most see similar results.

Reaction score
Ahh ok. It would just be nice to have clean egr. And why do you think your milage went down with the tuning change? Are the timing tables way different or ebp higher? I'm sure you already did this but can you copy all of the dpf on tables and paste them to the dpf off tune tables and see if it makes any difference?

I had factory ford non emissions calibrations. Mileage was junk. Idk what will be more conservative than that.

Reaction score
I gained 3.7 on my 13 by deleting , most see similar results.

My 1000 mile average never showed much. Could I make it look better, yes. Did my normal driving reflect better mileage, no. But I know everyone's different.

I know there are efficiency gain with no regens. But we can try for more options other than deleting... It takes a lot of real mpg gains to actually pay off a tuner, exhaust and egr delete. Most people do it because they want it (power). I know I've never owned a truck that ever paid dividends by deleting it.

Don't take this the wrong way. Just throwing things out there.

powerstroked08

Reaction score
The reason I deleted was to get rid of the fuel dilution in the oil, keep the high egt temps down from regens, and yes power was a huge plus. I think the dpf on tuning is a great direction to go. But I would also want to keep the fuel/oil dilution to a minimum. Just my .02. This could be a big step in the right direction and I am hoping it all goes good! I'm excited to see how you guys make out!

CATDiezel

Reaction score
I'll keep pointing to CASE INTERNATIONAL and whatever they have done to eliminate the need for a DPF. Tuning is obviously superior in order to make emissions strait off the exhaust valves and polish with a little urea to bring the NOX well below USA Tree hugger regulations. I mean federal.

Keep in mind one volcano eruption ruins the next 75 years of you and the 250 million other clean freaks ideas.... LOL. (Had to throw some humor in this gay federal talk)... However their emissions garbage has kept me in a interesting line of work these days!

Reaction score
I'll keep pointing to CASE INTERNATIONAL and whatever they have done to eliminate the need for a DPF. Tuning is obviously superior in order to make emissions strait off the exhaust valves and polish with a little urea to bring the NOX well below USA Tree hugger regulations. I mean federal.

Keep in mind one volcano eruption ruins the next 75 years of you and the 250 million other clean freaks ideas.... LOL. (Had to throw some humor in this gay federal talk)... However their emissions garbage has kept me in a interesting line of work these days!

Well, you can bend over and love case like all the others. But when you take a 7.0 liter constant rpm 280 fwhp engine and tune it not to smoke....

Just saying, make an on road application at over double the hp /L meet emissions at an on demand non-constant load situation without a dpf and I'll be impressed.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
Back on topic.

Turbo is on truck runs good. Canned tuning is surprisingly good so far.

Supposed to snow tomorrow but I'll take a video. It will be quite and uneventful but it runs well I'm impressed so far.

Long day of wrenching. I forgot what that's like lol

Dzchey21

Reaction score
We have regen issues with loaders but not excavators if that tells you anything...

Reaction score
Back on topic.

Turbo is on truck runs good. Canned tuning is surprisingly good so far.

Supposed to snow tomorrow but I'll take a video. It will be quite and uneventful but it runs well I'm impressed so far.

Long day of wrenching. I forgot what that's like lol

Good to hear! Your gonna be sore for a few days, a little work is good for ya!

We have regen issues with loaders but not excavators if that tells you anything...

Hmm, constant speed.... Nah, impossible.

griz700rocket

Reaction score
I understand on my 6.4 why regens hurt mileage (uses diesel for regen) but why on a 6.7 do regen cycles hurt mileage? Is it just a increase in back pressure?

@Morgon My programmer will more than pay for itself in 25k miles assuming a 4mpg increase in mileage which is conservative from my figures. But 6.4 is a whole difference ballgame in regards to emissions.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
I understand on my 6.4 why regens hurt mileage (uses diesel for regen) but why on a 6.7 do regen cycles hurt mileage? Is it just a increase in back pressure?

@Morgon My programmer will more than pay for itself in 25k miles assuming a 4mpg increase in mileage which is conservative from my figures. But 6.4 is a whole difference ballgame in regards to emissions.

good thing we arent in the 6.4 forum !

Dzchey21

Reaction score
Good to hear! Your gonna be sore for a few days, a little work is good for ya!

Hmm, constant speed.... Nah, impossible.

Dude i am in rough shape today. That was a lot of work laying across the engine bay.

I have some things that i would do differently and i know the next one would take way less time but it was a learning experience for sure.

Truck drives pretty dang good. you can notice the spool up at 55 mph in 6th gear at 1100 rpm but overall i am impressed. I need to get a delete pipe on it and check smoke but im betting how the pw and pressure looks its not smoking its just limiting fuel untill boost comes up.

jcain

Reaction score
Dude i am in rough shape today. That was a lot of work laying across the engine bay.

I have some things that i would do differently and i know the next one would take way less time but it was a learning experience for sure.

Truck drives pretty dang good. you can notice the spool up at 55 mph in 6th gear at 1100 rpm but overall i am impressed. I need to get a delete pipe on it and check smoke but im betting how the pw and pressure looks its not smoking its just limiting fuel untill boost comes up.
traxion pro 3-700. Thank me later

CATDiezel

Reaction score
Well, you can bend over and love case like all the others. But when you take a 7.0 liter constant rpm 280 fwhp engine and tune it not to smoke....

Just saying, make an on road application at over double the hp /L meet emissions at an on demand non-constant load situation without a dpf and I'll be impressed.

I agree with you Morgan. Your point is valid. I'm just saying they have eliminated the need for the dpf with injection compression and tuning.

There alittle more than 280hp to fwiw. There dynamic tuning on a engine stand had to meet and surpass road regulations also. No load to full load. And no carbon credits were used either. Off highways emissions tier is at and exceeding the newest standards for onhighway for the next round of tier. Don't buy the "final tier" that's a true statement for phase ONE TIER emissions only.

Regardless I agree with what your saying in a much more dynamic on Highway tune with a truck that has a variable like a marble on a glass top in California during earthquake season.

Look forward to your testing results Dustin. Especially with the new "improved cp4.2"

Reaction score
I agree with you Morgan. Your point is valid. I'm just saying they have eliminated the need for the dpf with injection compression and tuning.

There alittle more than 280hp to fwiw. There dynamic tuning on a engine stand had to meet and surpass road regulations also. No load to full load. And no carbon credits were used either. Off highways emissions tier is at and exceeding the newest standards for onhighway for the next round of tier. Don't buy the "final tier" that's a true statement for phase ONE TIER emissions only.

Regardless I agree with what your saying in a much more dynamic on Highway tune with a truck that has a variable like a marble on a glass top in California during earthquake season.

Look forward to your testing results Dustin. Especially with the new "improved cp4.2"

Yeah I know. And they have done some pretty cool things. And I know they are meeting the same on road standards. But the rpm swing and speed of that would be very lack luster highway driving. It could be done but it would be a total dog untill boost came up. Their engines are meant to be at high idle and then load applied, not the other way around. Whole different tuning strategy. Engine acceleration with load applied is way less forgiving than engine load applied with rpm already achieved.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.