600 HP with the DPF on?

Dzchey21

Reaction score
I have it set at 1350 right now and it's fine I guess I could go higher but I always heard 1300 was the most you could do

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
I have it set at 1350 right now and it's fine I guess I could go higher but I always heard 1300 was the most you could do

without an mp8 , it is. actual will never be where you command, even if you demand 1400 , you'll only get 1330 .

Dzchey21

Reaction score
Thats probably true the pulse width is supposed to pull back to help maintain if i read the tables correctly

CATDiezel

Reaction score
Well. That's interesting Dustin on the lambda sensor readings. I can understand the swing below 1 for lugging situations to give more fuel in order to come out of the below 1 threshold. 1.5 is probably a setpoint of what they would consider too lean. And I know most guys will bock at too lean but in the emissions world too lean produces different emissions.

I'm certain you know more about lambda than I certainly do concerning diesel, mine is focused mainly on NG and I'm not sure if the meaning is linear. I know on big bore rich and lean are Co - equal with diesel due to compression ration and volumetric efficiency of a big bore NG engine.

Look forward to more of your results and testing.

drunk on diesel

Reaction score
Any precious metals such as platinum, palladium, and rhodium need a minimum of 600*F to start working effectively. And then a alloted amount of time to soak the metals to react efficiently. Of course the damaging melting point of 1350*F and you ball up the precious metals on the subject straits of the element.

yeah, that regen count is on the OEM tune. I ran the canned H&S tuning and regen frequency more than doubled.

I converted the canned tuning to an offroad tune, and it's evident why regens went up so much. I also converted an OEM tune to test offroad for the sake of comparison testing. My tune is infinitely cleaner than OEM, has great power, great mileage, etc. That's pretty much where my testing has stalled! LOL

I DID try the same tune on two of my other 6.4's, and they just plain didn't react like the little truck did. They were super lazy getting moving. They ALSO didn't run as well on my race tuning as the little truck did. They didn't even run the same between themselves! This is when I really got frustrated that the hours of live tuning that I did on the little truck felt like it was in vain.

I'm definitely going to revisit tuning, but for now, I've got to move some metal by the end of the year.

Well. That's interesting Dustin on the lambda sensor readings. I can understand the swing below 1 for lugging situations to give more fuel in order to come out of the below 1 threshold. 1.5 is probably a setpoint of what they would consider too lean. And I know most guys will bock at too lean but in the emissions world too lean produces different emissions.

I'm certain you know more about lambda than I certainly do concerning diesel, mine is focused mainly on NG and I'm not sure if the meaning is linear. I know on big bore rich and lean are Co - equal with diesel due to compression ration and volumetric efficiency of a big bore NG engine.

Look forward to more of your results and testing.

the nat gas emissions class I took was fascinating! The experience of trying to dial in lean-burn engines on well-head sites was infuriating! :cursing:

good times

CATDiezel

Reaction score
yeah, that regen count is on the OEM tune. I ran the canned H&S tuning and regen frequency more than doubled.

I converted the canned tuning to an offroad tune, and it's evident why regens went up so much. I also converted an OEM tune to test offroad for the sake of comparison testing. My tune is infinitely cleaner than OEM, has great power, great mileage, etc. That's pretty much where my testing has stalled! LOL

I DID try the same tune on two of my other 6.4's, and they just plain didn't react like the little truck did. They were super lazy getting moving. They ALSO didn't run as well on my race tuning as the little truck did. They didn't even run the same between themselves! This is when I really got frustrated that the hours of live tuning that I did on the little truck felt like it was in vain.

I'm definitely going to revisit tuning, but for now, I've got to move some metal by the end of the year.

the nat gas emissions class I took was fascinating! The experience of trying to dial in lean-burn engines on well-head sites was infuriating! :cursing:

good times

The fun part is the ever changing tune with a tuner. I wish it was constant. However. Tuning one now in cold will not net the same results in late July early august. This is a proven fact on the bigger bore engines(bigger than 3600) .

drunk on diesel

Reaction score
diesels are FAR more forgiving IMO

rich burn nat gas engines aren't so bad, but lean burns can make you pull your hair out

PSD-BLACK-CLOUD

Reaction score
I love the idea. I am going to tune mine soon but not sure if I am going to delete it just yet. I could care less about smoke I like a clean truck. I just miss hearing an exhaust.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
I'm not a huge fan of how this sounds with no muffler. I need to put something on it the hair dryer sound drives me nuts

PSD-BLACK-CLOUD

Reaction score
To be honest I am torn on if I even want to tune it with the dpf on. Do these trucks hold together? I cant blow another truck up for at least 2 years,lol

WhiteMamba_Scorpion

Reaction score
I put a 30" MBRP on mine. Took all the "ric flair" WOOOO sound out and was still throaty. Definitely way less noticeable driving around the neighborhoods.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
I was reminded that i have a aeroturbine muffler and a 5 inch muffler so ill probably be getting one back on soon.

Overall im happy with how the truck is running. Spools good at altitude, drives great. No smoke. I did get it on the rollers for the first time this weekend, Made 559 hp on 1330 pw. Im not making too big of a deal about the number at this point as that was a correct number but there were alot of trucks on the same dyno making less numbers so i feel its pretty acurate. I have found that 1330 is about all i can run for pw to maintain. So once morgan sends me a pump i can turn up the fuel a little more and see where we are at.

I'm super impressed with the turbo, even at that hp the truck is about as clean as you can get. Just a slight haze on the dyno and on the street that haze isnt really visable. Removing the intake gained 20 hp on the dyno LOL

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
I have found that 1330 is about all i can run for pw to maintain. So once morgan sends me a pump i can turn up the fuel a little more and see where we are at.

pretty sure this is standard knowledge ! TYS ! congrats on those numbers !

Latest posts