Anyone running Gearhead Tunes?

WhiteMamba_Scorpion

Reaction score
I've been running my GearHead tunes for a couple days now and love them. Boost max is 29-30psi it doesn't surge up to 33psi like my H&S tunes did. For now this is ideal for me running the stock turbo. Hopefully down the road when I swap the turbo and add a pump I'll bump it up.

EGTs have been fine. But also with the restrictive stock turbo and stock fuel EGTs are going to climb pretty fast just depending on how long you stay in it.

Like I said in my previous post the shifting is way better than the can tunes. I can't compare to anyone elses tunes. Just my info from running Gear Head tunes

WHY NOT

Reaction score
Took my truck with the gear head tunes to the track this Saturday
I made 4 passes with a best of [email protected]

Scaled the truck before I ran at the scales right across from the track. This weight is with me and a 150lb passenger. The passenger rode with me on the first pass then got the other 3 on video

I took my tool box and spare tire off are the only weight reduction I did from my every day driving. Truck had just over 1/4 tank of fuel
TruckWeight_zpsb39a1691.jpg

All passes were done in 4wd
First Pass with the passenger along. The 2nd pass was my best run of the day
run12_zps0a3ea245.jpg

Pass # 2 Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_du327JpTc

Pass number 3 I had water on the tires and tried launching at a little higher PSI so I spun and hopped off the line. Red lit on top of it for my worst run of the day

Pass Number 4 I tired using Manual mode and launching in 2nd gear at 10ps and shifting myself. I need more practice at this for sure
Run34_zpsc3f5e938.jpg

Video of run 3
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3jLSdlItW1g
Video of run 4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dm1jLcFhN44

Over all I am pretty happy with the results. Had one decent 60' time and the truck launches and pulls great till the top end where the stock turbo just runs out of air. I need to get back some time and use manual mode and shift the truck sooner to stay lower in the rpms to see if I can get some better times out of it.
My passenger with me even made a comment on the way home how well the truck shifted going down the track though. Shifts were prefect with the gear head tunes. You can see smoke output in the vids as well. Keep in mind the truck is turing some pretty heavy wheels and tires too.

WHY NOT

Reaction score
I will have to agree, I can't complain about anything with the tunes. Just the small crappy turbo and fuel pump LOL But, the tunes get a lot out of them

RedRice589

Reaction score
I will have to agree, I can't complain about anything with the tunes. Just the small crappy turbo and fuel pump LOL But, the tunes get a lot out of them

I was thinking the leaving in 2nd and shifting myself would work too but it's hard to stay consistent with that haha.

WHY NOT

Reaction score
I tried it at 10 psi. I think leaving in 2nd you are going to have to build more boost to get the same launch. I may practice a little more and try it again some other day

RedRice589

Reaction score
Helps if you have smaller rims and tires like I do. I need to run it across the scales. I'm going to try to go to the test and tune on Thursday.

WHY NOT

Reaction score
I was wondering how it would do in manual mode going down the strip. I'd say my 37s would really kill my time

Sent from a lawn mower

We will have to go give it a try some time. Wed nights are test and tune and they have diesel day coming up on May 17th

dseitler

Reaction score
You can read it under gauge setup and make it one of your gauges. I'm just curious because I run a 14.5 @ 94 mph. With the same weight. That tune must really be pulling on top end. I like that.

WHY NOT

Reaction score
Ill have to look and see when I drive it next. I am very very happy with the tunes, they just drive so smooth almost no smoke and enough power for me.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.