Anyone running Gearhead Tunes?

Stangr8cr

Reaction score
Would you post up some times after your next track outing? I'm interested in seeing how the Gearhead tunes compare. Where does the boost max out at? I really need to play with the MCC, I've never tried messing with the tunes to see what that's like but I'm assuming I could limit boost levels pretty easily if I wanted?

Keith

dseitler

Reaction score
Your 2012 will run faster than my 13. I have seen it time after time. Not sure why but probably the base strategy. Running SPE HotX single fuel pump I can run a 14.5 @32 LBS Boost. Way to much Boost IMO! I won't run the SPE with dual pumps and stock turbo.IMO. Then I added the Dual Fuel Pump 2 weeks ago Ran H&S Cal 2 on performance setting ran a 14.414 @ 27LBS Boost. Ran a local custom tune and was moving the settings around ran a 13.8.. but I am done with that until my Turbo kit comes in. To hard on the 6.7.

Gearhead Tune I installed Friday am. Very smooth power. Very responsive pedal. Trans leaned almost instantly. Boost tops out at 29LBS. Best Tune I have run so far. MPG up. LOW EGT's when comparing tunes. Do not have any times yet possibly Friday night if no rain. Trans has had no RPM Flairs like other tunes will do from time to time. Very Factory type Tune meaning a lot of time and effort put in to remove all the Quirks I have had over the years on tunes. (miss shift, slam shifts, dead pedal, ect...)A+ so far. Dan

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Your 2012 will run faster than my 13. I have seen it time after time. Not sure why but probably the base strategy. Running SPE HotX single fuel pump I can run a 14.5 @32 LBS Boost. Way to much Boost IMO! I won't run the SPE with dual pumps and stock turbo.IMO. Then I added the Dual Fuel Pump 2 weeks ago Ran H&S Cal 2 on performance setting ran a 14.414 @ 27LBS Boost. Ran a local custom tune and was moving the settings around ran a 13.8.. but I am done with that until my Turbo kit comes in. To hard on the 6.7.

Gearhead Tune I installed Friday am. Very smooth power. Very responsive pedal. Trans leaned almost instantly. Boost tops out at 29LBS. Best Tune I have run so far. MPG up. LOW EGT's when comparing tunes. Do not have any times yet possibly Friday night if no rain. Trans has had no RPM Flairs like other tunes will do from time to time. Very Factory type Tune meaning a lot of time and effort put in to remove all the Quirks I have had over the years on tunes. (miss shift, slam shifts, dead pedal, ect...)A+ so far. Dan

Would it have anything to do with gearing maybe?

live life full throttle

dseitler

Reaction score
At PBI Raceway there are several trucks running just the H&S Mini with box tune. Most have 3:55 gears, 20 inch rubber just like I do. They will normally run .3 faster than the 2 13's that are there running the same box tune. We all talk to each other and it seems the 11-12 will run a little better. I have also talked to several of the people making custom tunes and they have confirmed this also.

CATDiezel

Reaction score
Do any of you guys understand what a "canned tune" is. Do you think gear head is tuning a file just for YOU! LOL. it too is "canned"......

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

dseitler

Reaction score
I don't care if it's box, canned, box canned, custom canned, custom box canned or what ever. I'll keep changing or modifying tunes until I get what I like. I get it. Thought we were talking about 11-12 vs 13.

CATDiezel

Reaction score
Everyone keeps referring to the HS tunes as canned tunes as if HS just flipped and flopped a file out for the 6.7L when in fact they have bookoos of R and D with the 6.7L. This isn't a edge signal interpreter box. LOL.

CAN away!

CATDiezel

Reaction score
I agree. It got us where we are today. First one out with new model years seems like to me. Most trucks I know that's what they run.

I'm still running old files from HS before they went into turbo protection style tuning. I just drive with care. I haven't had one bit of interest in tuning this truck myself for some reason....

sootie

Reaction score
Do any of you guys understand what a "canned tune" is. Do you think gear head is tuning a file just for YOU! LOL. it too is "canned"......

yes, i do understand however; the ability to speak to the tune writer and have tweaks made to my liking sure suits me fine.

Latest posts

Members online