Best way to Launch

dseitler

Reaction score
Turning off the Trac Control does not work at all. I was hoping the SPE locker would disable the ABS and Trac Control. Mine does not. Maybe the 13 is different but I can tell you first hand trying to do a burnout is violent when it de-Fuels and then kicks back in. I was thinking of just removing the fuse on the ABS and see how that works. Possibly tie that into a upfitters switch with a relay.

Powerstroke Cowboy

Reaction score
But are you turning off the Advanced traction control?? There are two different ones. The traction control and then the Advanced traction control.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Turning off the Trac Control does not work at all. I was hoping the SPE locker would disable the ABS and Trac Control. Mine does not. Maybe the 13 is different but I can tell you first hand trying to do a burnout is violent when it de-Fuels and then kicks back in. I was thinking of just removing the fuse on the ABS and see how that works. Possibly tie that into a upfitters switch with a relay.

my 13' does great burnouts.

griz700rocket

Reaction score
Correct me if I'm wrong but first push turns off trac control, then you press and hold to disable advance trac. Two separate functions.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Correct me if I'm wrong but first push turns off trac control, then you press and hold to disable advance trac. Two separate functions.

yep, hold for 5 seconds or longer. the dash display will tell you when advance trac is off.

Rowdy

Reaction score

Yes exactly what he said! You push traction control button once and dash will say traction control disabled. Then you push and HOLD traction control button down for 5 seconds and the dash will say advance trac disabled. If you have the SPE locker relay installed you can lock the rear diff and melt the tires. Without the SPE locker relay you can not lock the rear diff and do a burn out cause it will defuel.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
holding the botton should do the trick, i can get my truck to do cookies if i want doing it this way, and its totally stock not even tuned. Unplugging the sensors at the track is a bad idea if you ask me, you will want ABS features to kick in if you wet the track or something.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
holding the botton should do the trick, i can get my truck to do cookies if i want doing it this way, and its totally stock not even tuned. Unplugging the sensors at the track is a bad idea if you ask me, you will want ABS features to kick in if you wet the track or something.

agreed. especially in a 2wd .

that being said, i cut a 1.90 leaving very soft the other day with full tire pressure. i think it should cut low 1.7's if i try . and i'm sure the 3:31 hurts it a bit too.

Last edited:

sootboy

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score

I get what the other members are advising. Yes in theory holding down the button for traction disables it.

I can tell you I hsve held it down and advance track disabled come on.
The burnout still goes to crap and the truck defuels at speed.
Abs is great but on a track truck its a luxury I can't afford.

I pull the sensor or fuse and life is fine.
Datalogs do not show the problem because I think it is a can bus message from abs requested torque.

I did not come to argue. I am just posting my own experience.
My 2wd 6.7 is very difficult to stage. I am finally getting it I think.
This will be a good thread.

There are 2 other members with some 750ish trucks also.
Maybe they have some insight.

dseitler

Reaction score
I am going to try everyone's advise this afternoon when I can get out of town. I believe I have already done the double deactivation but I want to make sure. I really appreciate everyone's advise. I thought the cookie comment was awesome. I'd like to see someone do that!

2wd-fire

Reaction score
agreed. especially in a 2wd .

that being said, i cut a 1.90 leaving very soft the other day with full tire pressure. i think it should cut low 1.7's if i try . and i'm sure the 3:31 hurts it a bit too.

I would think the 3.31 would help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hopefulHP

Reaction score
My truck with the advance Trac off will not do a burn out. It de fuels and Pisses me off. 4wd launches are no problem but I want to get them down in 2wd

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

Rowdy

Reaction score
My truck with the advance Trac off will not do a burn out. It de fuels and Pisses me off. 4wd launches are no problem but I want to get them down in 2wd

Are you engaging the rear diff lock? If so this could be the problem. At least with my truck it was. I could leave the diff unlocked and do burn outs. Engage the diff lock and it would defuel. Now I have the diff lock relay kit so I can do it with the rear diff locked.

Rowdy

Reaction score
Not sure about the 2wd problems but a buddies truck built at Mad Matt's with Carrillo's , push tubes, valve springs, studs, duel fuelers, and MPD 66mm kit will smoke the tires in 2wd and 4wd! He has to baby it off the line to keep it from spinning all 4 tires!

hopefulHP

Reaction score
Are you engaging the rear diff lock? If so this could be the problem. At least with my truck it was. I could leave the diff unlocked and do burn outs. Engage the diff lock and it would defuel. Now I have the diff lock relay kit so I can do it with the rear diff locked.

I've tried both ways. As soon as it breaks the tires loose with the diff locked it cuts power, and with the diff unlocked it will spin them for maybe a second or two then defuel. in 4 wd at 10 psi of boost is where it feels the fastest.

sootboy

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
I've tried both ways. As soon as it breaks the tires loose with the diff locked it cuts power, and with the diff unlocked it will spin them for maybe a second or two then defuel. in 4 wd at 10 psi of boost is where it feels the fastest.

Yes exactly.
And I have a spool in mine so its just not happy until the abs module is sleeping.

2wd-fire

Reaction score
The 3.31 are helping me at both ends.

Ultimatey I will have to go to 4.10 and 33x16 slicks but I am doing the best I can on a budget for now :jammin:

I ran slicks in my 6.0 33x12.5w with 3.73 gears it was a little scary with anything less than 12 psi in tires

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online