Bigger fuel tank..

phooker

Reaction score
What has everybody been doing. 200 miles or so on tank isn't cutting it at all. Anybody put a 2010 tank in or is a titan the only option. Yes, I know the urea tank is molded into the fuel tank. Thats not an issue.

sent using FlatBill Magic ™

WHY NOT

Reaction score
Unless something changed, the Urea tank is seprate from the fuel tank. I highly doubt a long bed tank would fit into s short bed though. Titian would be your best bet IMO

Powerstroked162

On Da Juice
Reaction score
What has everybody been doing. 200 miles or so on tank isn't cutting it at all. Anybody put a 2010 tank in or is a titan the only option. Yes, I know the urea tank is molded into the fuel tank. Thats not an issue.

sent using FlatBill Magic ™

Can't use a 2010- tank in a 2011+ truck. Only option they have is a aftermarket replacement. The urea tank is not molded into the stock fuel tank, either. An in bed transfer tank may be cheaper depending on what the need is

Zmann

Reaction score
Many across the years and models have contemplated using a CC LB tank in a CC SB

none have done it as far as I know and I think one of the major probs is the sender fuel line and strap locations

I was lucky I found a new titan with skid plate option for 200 bucks on craigs due to a messy divorce

however I would have gladly bought a new one since not having to think about how far apart diesel stations are on a road trip is priceless

powerstroker67

Reaction score
The tanks are very different on the earlier trucks both on top and bottom for the straps. Think the Titan is your best bet, fit great with a big range. Drove our CC/SB from north eastern CT to Durham NC non stop

Dzchey21

Reaction score
its 26 gal but its realistically only a 22 gal tank or so going off the miles to empty on the dash and then it will go into a derate.... so it is kinda a bumper

I usually have to pee before i run out of fuel anyway so i havent really cared too much

Wish there was a better option, ***in f-150s come with a 32 gal tank

17BLKplat

Reaction score
This is my biggest complaint with the truck. Dustin is totally right, it's realistically 22 gallons at best. Fortunately my 450 actually came with a 46 gallon tank, but my 250 is just sad.
Hope Ford somehow updates that tanks to AT LEAST 150 size with the new refresh. I'm considering a titan as well.

12stroker

Reaction score
Yeah I have looked into a titian tank and started surfing Craigslist I have found several for the older trucks but none for mine yet.

phooker

Reaction score
This is my biggest complaint with the truck. Dustin is totally right, it's realistically 22 gallons at best. Fortunately my 450 actually came with a 46 gallon tank, but my 250 is just sad.
Hope Ford somehow updates that tanks to AT LEAST 150 size with the new refresh. I'm considering a titan as well.
Yup, it starts freaking out when you try to push it. It's kind of ridiculous that a brand new truck can only go 220 miles pulling a trailer. No excuse why they don't come with at least 30 gallons of usable fuel capacity. With the tanks like this, Titan will stay in business.

As far as the having to go pee at the end of a tank, at 200 miles I'm just starting to settle into a groove as far as driving with a trailer.

Mpoage

Reaction score
I would go with the replacement Transfer Flow tank. 50 Gallon capacity and about 250 dollars cheaper than the titan fuel tank. Ill probably be getting one here in a few months. I have a problem even getting 350 miles out of a tank on the highway empty. When my truck says 0 miles to empty I can sometimes stick 22 gallons in it. My Dads 12' will hold about 2 more gallons than mine will though so they upped the size a little bit.

http://www.transferflow.com/shop/product/0800114968?p=1&c=10&s=p-

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.