Bigger fuel tank..

SoGrand

Reaction score
I have the Titan tanks in stock. I have one in my truck and love it. Install 30 minutes. Pm for a great price if interested.

Dan

jaybuller

Reaction score
dang that sucks...I been wanting a 6.7 but im not sure about 200 miles to a tank. I think if it was me (after tring to sort out the mpg issue) I would go to an in bed transfer tank as suggested above. that way you can keep your 26 and then have the extra 50, 60 or whatever tank you go with. I think I would go with a toolbox/tank combo.

Spatel23

Reaction score
Gonna bring this back to the top.........This stock fuel tank is FKIN BS !!

I will be ordering a transferflow tomorrow.

Anybody installed one and have anything worth mentioning ?

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
at least you are buying the right tank this time :) let me know how much heavier it is please.

sootboy

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Gonna bring this back to the top.........This stock fuel tank is FKIN BS !!

Anybody installed one and have anything worth mentioning ?

I put a titan in a truck and it had its ups and downs.
The tank was well made and fit in place.
It did not have any flat spots on top that do not interfere with a frame cross member.
The level sensor just did not seem to install properly.
The tank would vacuum lock after a few hours of driving ( I fixed that issue with a larger vent and the truck had dual fass 220 gph lift pumps and dual sumps or draw straws on it).

So I would say in a fairly stock application it would be a nice fit.
If you have something with higher fuel demand it may not be the best option if you are not ready to do some heavy modifications.

This information is from more than a year ago, so things could have changed on the titan as well.

I hope you find what you need.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
It did not have any flat spots on top that do not interfere with a frame cross member.
The tank would vacuum lock after a few hours of driving ( I fixed that issue with a larger vent and the truck had dual fass 220 gph lift pumps and dual sumps or draw straws on it).

If you have something with higher fuel demand it may not be the best option if you are not ready to do some heavy modifications.

This information is from more than a year ago, so things could have changed on the titan as well.

Seeing as he's getting a transfer flow , he doesn't need that info.

Spatel23

Reaction score
at least you are buying the right tank this time :) let me know how much heavier it is please.

LOL
dik duster hooked it up

Ill let you know how it goes fosho

Agreed. Lmk how it goes. I'm thinking of the in bed deal just so it's easier when I trade it (being realistic that I won't keep it that long).

I thought about going that route as well for the toolbox space and even distribution of fuel weight BUT
I will not have a wrench in this truck LOL and Im not real comfortable on the whole pump/harness evening out the tanks thing

Ive heard the same about Titan tanks although I didn't have any issues at all with it in my 08 with performance mods.

That vacuum lock scenario sounds a real pita too

Just figured Id try another brand on this truck.
Thanks

uga33

Reaction score
The only thing I like about these tanks is when you fill up, it's only $70-75. That's it. Towing range is bad, but it still goes further on this tank than my "fuel hog" 6.4 did towing.

Strictly Diesel

Reaction score

If you get the TransferFlow tank, I'd really appreciate a quick measurement of how far below the frame it hangs. The Titan hangs 1-2" lower than the "shield" on the stock tank, which worries me because I'm lowering my truck. I'm hoping that TF doesn't hang lower than stock.

redracer62

Reaction score
If you get the TransferFlow tank, I'd really appreciate a quick measurement of how far below the frame it hangs. The Titan hangs 1-2" lower than the "shield" on the stock tank, which worries me because I'm lowering my truck. I'm hoping that TF doesn't hang lower than stock.

I'll check my dad's vs mine later(stock). He's had no problems with his transferflow and the fitment was awsome. He did have the dealer recalibrate the milage range just to be sure it was accurate. I don't really know if that's necessary or not though. I'm really considering a TF as well.

Strictly Diesel

Reaction score
That would be great! We noticed that Ford has put in options to change the tank size programming, which is very cool if you want the "miles to empty" to be somewhat accurate.

Probably the best measurement would be "how far does it hang below the flat section of frame". I can compare that to mine easily.

Thanks!

Danny26

Reaction score
I'll check my dad's vs mine later(stock). He's had no problems with his transferflow and the fitment was awsome. He did have the dealer recalibrate the milage range just to be sure it was accurate. I don't really know if that's necessary or not though. I'm really considering a TF as well.

Does his truck sag to that side at all with the transferflow?

Last edited:

Dzchey21

Reaction score
I have the in bed transfer flow with the tool box which is awesome for me, wouldnt go back or do it any other way.

I took out the transfer flow controller and used one upfitter switch with a timer to manual fill it, i didnt like that you had to cut the factory tank signal and splice in the transfer flow set up, so i went this route. I can go to salt lake with a trailer no problem now which is aweome.

Going to test the distance this weekend

RedRice589

Reaction score
I have a RDS and I like the fact that when I pull the tank out I have 3 small holes in the bed and I can trade mine in. Take the tank with me. I used the ball valve because I don't mind hopping out and opening it after 200 miles. I gotta pee anyways. I hate how low the under bed tanks hang on these trucks. A cclb is in my near future but with my 28 gallon tank it's only 85 bucks to fill that up quick or I can fill both up for 300 bucks and drive 900 loaded miles and 1100 unloaded miles.

Spatel23

Reaction score

please do.

As Dennis noted....I don't want it to hang too low below the frame. Simply for aesthetic reasons.

redracer62

Reaction score
That would be great! We noticed that Ford has put in options to change the tank size programming, which is very cool if you want the "miles to empty" to be somewhat accurate.

Probably the best measurement would be "how far does it hang below the flat section of frame". I can compare that to mine easily.

Thanks!
Dennis, it sits like 6 in below the flat part of the frame and his doesn't have a shield or anything. My stock tank sits 5 in or so and then there's the shield below that. If you can look at a 4 wd truck the transferflow tank is dead even with the transfer case skid plate.
Does his truck sag to that side at all with the transferflow?
I'll have to check when it's full but if it does it was nothing that I could notice.

Strictly Diesel

Reaction score
Just measured, at the flat part of the frame, the bottom of the "shield" is at 5.25" below the frame. That puts the tank 0.75" lower than the shield. That's more clearance than the Titan if I remember right...have to decide if that will be an issue. Pretty sure I will be waiting until the truck is lowered to make that choice.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.