Bigger fuel tank..

Spatel23

Reaction score
Dennis, it sits like 6 in below the flat part of the frame and his doesn't have a shield or anything. My stock tank sits 5 in or so and then there's the shield below that. If you can look at a 4 wd truck the transferflow tank is dead even with the transfer case skid plate.

I'll have to check when it's full but if it does it was nothing that I could notice.

awesome, that's not a big difference at all. Shouldn't be able to tell.
Thanks !

I was also concerned about the sag on one side with a full tank but I imagine it cant be too bad at all.

dseitler

Reaction score
I put the Titian tank in my 13 Platinum when it had 3000 miles on it. I took the truck to ford for my first oil change and they reprogrammed my tank size to 50.3 gal. The miles to empty has been perfect. I made sure I did this before I did my deletes and mod. I also added a IDS toolbox tank combo that is 60 gal and used the Northern Tool neck filler kit and plumbed it directly into the main tank. I fill the truck from the tool box tank and have a locking fuel cap on the main so I cannot open the main. That way I won't have a major fuel spill with the pressure on the main tank. I can do just over 1500 miles while towing 12K.

Agjake11

Reaction score
Hated the stock tank also and since I put the rds 60 gal in the bed gravity feed I can't say how much I love it. With as much as I drive I fill up once a week with the rds and that's about 1000-1200 miles and i fill up with the main tank 1/2full plus.

redracer62

Reaction score
awesome, that's not a big difference at all. Shouldn't be able to tell.
Thanks !

I was also concerned about the sag on one side with a full tank but I imagine it cant be too bad at all.

I'll see if I can snap a pic of it from the side tomorrow.

MorganM

Reaction score
Can we buy the tank used in countries not requiring DEF...like Mexico? I presume those tanks are bigger since there's no need for the Urea tank.
My truck is 3.5" lower than stock and I'd be concerned with the Titan tank hanging too low.

powerstroke22

Reaction score
Those of you that run a Titan tank have you had the "1/4 tank problem". I installed a titan tank with bottom sump on a buddies F350 and after about a week he parked on his driveway with a 1/4 tank, driveway has a slight incline and the truck wouldn't start rolled it on the street cycled the key the 5 or 6 times Ford says and it started right up. The titan tank has Zero baffles which I can't understand. Does the transferflow have baffles in it for future reference? Might be a better route if it does.

redracer62

Reaction score
Those of you that run a Titan tank have you had the "1/4 tank problem". I installed a titan tank with bottom sump on a buddies F350 and after about a week he parked on his driveway with a 1/4 tank, driveway has a slight incline and the truck wouldn't start rolled it on the street cycled the key the 5 or 6 times Ford says and it started right up. The titan tank has Zero baffles which I can't understand. Does the transferflow have baffles in it for future reference? Might be a better route if it does.

TransferFlow has baffles.

RedRice589

Reaction score
Can we buy the tank used in countries not requiring DEF...like Mexico? I presume those tanks are bigger since there's no need for the Urea tank.
My truck is 3.5" lower than stock and I'd be concerned with the Titan tank hanging too low.

I'd be interested for sure.

12stroker

Reaction score

I believe they are the same tank as our trucks just missing the urea tank. Well that's what I saw when I saw one a few months ago in Houston.

12stroker

Reaction score
7AE338DC-50E5-4B33-8C92-B30EF9260211_zpshxhko9lp.jpg
1736732E-2883-4929-B7C8-6B1F791936A4_zpsa4yaj080.jpg

This is what it looks like under a Mexico truck.

R8rone

Reaction score
Who's got pics of their TF tanks, Titan tanks, with and without bed covers. Trying to decide what to go with. Thanks

MorganM

Reaction score
This is what it looks like under a Mexico truck.

That would make for a perfect delete pipe- totally OEM.

On the ford Mexico website, they list a 40gallon tank for the f450. That would be an ideal choice if it fits shortbed trucks. Otherwise, yeah it's the same 26gallon tank.
I'd bet a good ford parts guy could find an option for a larger OEM tank if one exists...

Reaction score
That would make for a perfect delete pipe- totally OEM.

On the ford Mexico website, they list a 40gallon tank for the f450. That would be an ideal choice if it fits shortbed trucks. Otherwise, yeah it's the same 26gallon tank.
I'd bet a good ford parts guy could find an option for a larger OEM tank if one exists...

The perfect delete pipe is a factory dpf gutted out.

There is no larger shortbed tank for this generation of trucks.

Stuck with an in bed auxiliary tank or a larger aftermarket replacement for the under bed tank.

The_Badge

Reaction score
When adding a Titan or other larger capacity fuel tanks, is the fuel needle gauge accurate and is there a way to program the digital Miles Till Empty estimate reading to have the ob board computer know you are using a larger capacity???

Danny26

Reaction score
When adding a Titan or other larger capacity fuel tanks, is the fuel needle gauge accurate and is there a way to program the digital Miles Till Empty estimate reading to have the ob board computer know you are using a larger capacity???

Needle works fine. Have to have the dealer reprogram your tank size to have the miles till empty be accurate.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.