Broke the BTS

lariat 7.3

Reaction score
got off the phone with bryan, said theres no way it left the ship stripped. He's shipping me a tap and a helicoil to fix it!

TyCorr

Reaction score
I was being sarcastic. Did you ask that guy if he stripped it? That seems odd that a tranny installer would have stripped it. I guess anything is possible.

TyCorr

Reaction score
Well, hopefully your dude fixes it and thats the end of it. Sucks when stuff is down and then something else if screwed up.

bluedge8

Reaction score
Jake is right, if you add a trans cooler only up here there is a good chance of it freezing up, usually after you start driving, when I bought one of my aftermarket coolers, I had to buy the thermostatic bypass for it as well so that cooler didn't flow fluid until the trans hits x temp. Glad Brian is helping you out.

TyCorr

Reaction score
Ive never had that happen as you described it....

Have had cold wjnters obviously. I live in Hellinois.

Charles

Reaction score
I got some really good shifting transmissions from Brian, and yes, I broke them all, but.... it took a really long time at moderate power day in and day out to do it. The service life was probably about as good as it could be for the size of the parts taking the stress.

The return time was always months. Which is the ONLY reason I got a diagram and some stuff needed to tear them apart. I don't think he ever let me pay for anything that broke. Super dude to talk to.

I often wonder what happened with him and Cale, because I think he lost half his help right there and that might be when the turnaround went nuts.

Is Cale still in the 4R100 scene?

I have yet to produce sweet, smooth shifts like the stuff I got from Brian. Even though the parts inside apparently aren't anything special. Brian must do a good job with his orifice and valve sizing. I still haven't had the time to dive into the 4R more than just emergency patching broken chit thus far so I don't know what made them shift so well even under high load. I only had it come back one time with a lazy 2-3, and that's the one I have now retired in the frame of my red truck. At some point I'll tear it apart and have a look.

I think the guy just got swamped with work, or maybe it took something out of him when he and Cale split. Super cool guy. Breakfast is all I've ever payed for warranty work... wouldn't even let me buy a converter he replaced that I didn't even buy from him!

Brian's good people. I think he's overrun.

lariat 7.3

Reaction score
Yeah he's awesome, said it was due to low fluid level. Overnighted me a tap and bit when we thought the fitting was stripped. 2 week turn around

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Charles

Reaction score
For anyone that finds it unlikely that the guy cross-threaded the cooler line bolts at the trans..... I would ask how many times you've installed a 4R in a superduty....

Because with the exhaust in the way, the lines pulling against you and especially if the God-forsaken heat shield bullsh*t is still in place, you've got to work real hard to make sure you're started straight. And with the port being aluminum, it's almost easier to screw it up than not.

I've never cross-threaded one yet, but I've damn sure restarted a banjo bolt about a dozen times to make sure, lol.

SUPPPPPPPER easy to accidentally cross-thread one IMO. It's a rough working environment. Especially if he put the trans all the way back in the hole before hooking the lines back up. No room.

It's weird this thread timing, because just this morning I was wondering if I could drive back to Arkansas and have Brian tear mine down and rebuild it in front of me so and tell me what did what so I could do it myself from then on. He's cool enough, he just might.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.