Broke the BTS

lariat 7.3

Reaction score
ok im back. Good news.....He covered it. Don't know what broke but we received the tranny back on thursday and the mechanic got it back in the truck that night. Looks as if he just shipped a brand new one out. TQ converter looks new etc etc.

NOW THE BAD..... mechanic called to say the bypass is leaking when he cranked it up. Said when he went to tighten it there was no resistance and it just spun.. like it was stripped on arrival. So now we're stuck with this.... Bryan is closed for the holiday.

Any tips on fixing this? helicoil???

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
ok im back. Good news.....He covered it. Don't know what broke but we received the tranny back on thursday and the mechanic got it back in the truck that night. Looks as if he just shipped a brand new one out. TQ converter looks new etc etc.

NOW THE BAD..... mechanic called to say the bypass is leaking when he cranked it up. Said when he went to tighten it there was no resistance and it just spun.. like it was stripped on arrival. So now we're stuck with this.... Bryan is closed for the holiday.

Any tips on fixing this? helicoil???
dont do anything without talking with brian first. i know it sucks but id wait.

live life full throttle

lariat 7.3

Reaction score
Yeah I'm not going to. My dad is getting a little irritated. Needs it up and running. I'm gonna guess that Bryan does all the internal and a tech throws the exterior stuff on like the converter etc. Hopefully it's a quick fix!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

lariat 7.3

Reaction score
Could delete it....but there's still the issue of the threads being jacked up in the tranny.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
brian doesn't like it when guys delete the bypass.. wont warranty a trans that has the bypass removed.. at least that is what he told me..

live life full throttle

gnxtc2

Reaction score
brian doesn't like it when guys delete the bypass.. wont warranty a trans that has the bypass removed.. at least that is what he told me..

live life full throttle

My trans guy says the opposite. If there is a failure in the trans to activate the bypass, the damage has already happens and the trans has to come out anyway.

Billy T.
[email protected]

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
My trans guy says the opposite. If there is a failure in the trans to activate the bypass, the damage has already happens and the trans has to come out anyway.

Billy T.
[email protected]
and in colder climates when the cooler freezes and there isnt a bypass, the trans smokes itself.... that is why he won't warranty it... i went through that exact situation. called brain and said my trans is jacked up. im in the dead of Minnesota winter and its hitting 200°+ then all the sudden it cools off and starts over... he said the bypass was doing its job and the cooler was freezing. put a beer box in front of the cooler and then call me back.. sure as chit.. temps stayed normal all winter after that...

live life full throttle

lariat 7.3

Reaction score
didn't know the cooler could freeze up lol. Don't have to worry about that in south Fl !

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
What about the fluid in the trans upon start up?

Wind chill applies to the human body.

Billy T.
[email protected]
trans fluid i believe is a 30 weight oil so its prolly thick.. while sitting still it warms up evenly. even when stopping after it froze it thawed back out cuz the heat from the radiator warmed the front up.. while moving, air pushes the radiant heat away from it so by putting the beer box in front of it allowed it to stay warm...

never said anything about windchill.. just saying the cooler being in front of all the stuff that gets hot doesn't get the radiant heat..

live life full throttle

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.