Ford Rules 6.0 build

ford rules

Reaction score
Figured I would start a build thread for my truck as the cab will be coming up next weekend.
Plans as of now are,
RCD pushrods
RCD valvesprings
Still deciding if I want to do a RCD cam, ill decide when I get the cab up.
Driven Diesel reg return, ill be deleting the fuel bowl
Fuellab 41402 pump with baldwin bf7633 filter and baldwin bf1252 water seperator, ill be building the system up to the RR.
BDP sump
Apex intake
Probably gonna try a wicked wheel as I wont do a turbo for a while.
Injectors will be done when the stockers start giving me issues, since the truck has 83,xxx on it im assuming that will be pretty soon but who knows.
I may make my own cold side CAC pipe if not ill prollay order up a no limit.
Trans sometime latevthis winter/early spring im hoping.
Got my springs pushrods and RR, Very fast shipping from Jared at RCD!!
null_zps727f868d.jpg

Ill be painting the frame and underside of the cab as well so I will keep posting pics as I get stuff done

ford rules

Reaction score
Shouldn't be to bad I don't think. A buddy of mine is a ford diesel tech he said he'd come help, more like drink beer and answer any questions I have lol

7.3psd97444

Reaction score
Sounds like the motor will be ready for when you decide to change injectors and turbo. Fun little build.

ford rules

Reaction score
That's basically the plan^ I really don't expect much more power out of it from these mods besides for being able to run a hotter tune with the head studs.

webb06

Reaction score
Cam is quite a lot of work. I wouldn't do it unless the motor will be out of the frame

ford rules

Reaction score
Not even with the cab up and trans out? Seams like it should be pretty easy with the cab up or no?

2wd-fire

Reaction score
I would say your injector will probly go double that with out any problems on good oil

webb06

Reaction score
If you can slip it off the crank gear it's doable. But the trans has to be out. Gotta pull the rear cover off. But when assembling an engine the cam is the first to go in.

ford rules

Reaction score
If I do a cam ill be pulling the balancer shaft off the crank so im not dropping the bedplate or crank or anything. From what ive read a few shops have done them cab on with just pulling the trans out. So i know its gotta be doable with the cab off and trans out which i planned anyways. Like i said once i get the trans out ill decide it seams like it would be easy to do though.

ford rules

Reaction score
Ya I'm thinking everything will be real easy to get to with the cab up, ill find out this weekend...

4.0l sahara

Reaction score
-pull trans
-pull hpop cover and hpop
-pull rear timing cover
-heads will need to be off and lifters out
-mark the rear crank hub so it goes back on in the same spot
-pull crank hub off. Btw get new bolts for the hub. Same bolt as the front damper.
-remove old cam and install new cam timing it correctly
When you put the rear crank hub back on check it with a dial indicator to check for run out to make sure it is centered.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.