Ford Rules 6.0 build

ford rules

Reaction score
Well got a little bit done today, cleaned up the rocker boxes and covers and painted them also painted a few other random brackets and stuff. Started cleaning up the block and made a huge mess so I decided to stop and just power wash the frame and stuff hope to get that done this week sometime. Picked up some hose for a CCV reroute and I'm gonna make a plug for the intake in school next week.
null_zps175611ab.jpg

null_zps4969498a.jpg

ford rules

Reaction score
Got all my gaskets today, fuel pump came in also.
I thought I saw a thread about one piece stand pipes, anyone have info on this. That's about all I need left for the engine. Heads go to get checked Thursday.
Pulled the bed off tonight after work, f&@k those bed bolts!!
null_zps35d63280.jpg

null_zps53e1199b.jpg

webb06

Reaction score
Bed bolts suck...bad. Nice way to lift the bed off using the lift lol.

I'm not aware of a one piece stand pipe. I know there's an updated one though

ford rules

Reaction score
Ya the hoist worked well, deffinatley getting use out of it lol.
I'm probably wrong, I was browsing on here yesterday and thought I saw something about a one piece. Ill probably just get the updated ones from ford this week.

ford rules

Reaction score
Power washed the frame off today, got the bed cleaned up and painted. Dropped the heads off to have checked out. Hoping to get the frame prepped and painted this weekend and bed and everything else back on.
null_zps95e08ab3.jpg

null_zpse150e7b1.jpg

null_zpsbb18a00d.jpg

ford rules

Reaction score
Frame is done train horns, air tank, exhaust, and fuel tank are all back on installed my sump and put the bed back on. I am using the stock steel line to return to the tank I welded a -6 male fitting to the end of it and from there it will be -6 pushlok to the regulator. I used a vacuum port plug to plug off the factory feed line and put a oetiker clamp on it so it wouldn't come off.
Few pics
null_zpsa2f2eb4b.jpg

Pump setup
null_zps2010afe3.jpg

ford rules

Reaction score
Made a CCV block off plug in school looks pretty nice I'd say and it was free!!
null_zps437fceaa.jpg

null_zpsaeab2dd6.jpg

null_zpsaa35fa29.jpg

null_zpsdbd2b256.jpg

HOOV3R

Reaction score
Looks good. You might want to put some conveyor belting in between your filter mounts and the frame to take some of the vibration.

ford rules

Reaction score
Thanks! And ya I still gotta finish the mounts got a ton of belting to use also.

Mdub707

Reaction score
Make sure you glue that plug into your CCV hole.

Looks awesome! I would love to pull my truck apart and paint the frame like that.

ford rules

Reaction score
That's the plan^ gotta find a oetiker clamp to fit it.

So I got my heads back he did a valve job installed my new springs and resurfaced them. He took about 4-5 thou off he said, trying to decide if I will be safe to run a cam with that much off the heads lets hear your guys opinions? Gonna give Jared at RCD a call in a few minutes here to get his opinion also.

Mdub707

Reaction score
They say the stage 1 is good without doing anything else, just a drop in cam. As long as your heads meet Ford's min spec thickness of 3.74" you should have no issues. I would ask to verify though, but that's what I'm thinking.

ford rules

Reaction score
From talking to Jared and another guy at RCD forgot his name daran maybe? But anyways they both highly recommend flycuts. I'm just gonna wait on the cam for now, if I ever have the lower end apart Ill do it but for now I'm just gonna hold off. I ordered a wicked wheel today instead.
I still have to get my rocker boxes painted and valve covers painted before I can put the heads on. I opened up the intake and exhaust ports today on one head gotta do the other tmrw and they will be ready to go.

Latest posts

Members online