Ford Rules 6.0 build

TheReelMuhcoy

Reaction score
Anybody have any input on tig or mig on the upipes, I can mig them myself and get the truck done this weekend probably. Or I would have to find someone to tig them for me.

Looks like you got the job done, but MIG it all the way. I found TIG created too much heat on my up pipes giving me a hard time for fitment later... Ended up torching the pipes while they were bolted into place so they would form and seat correctly.

ford rules

Reaction score
Mine seam to be sealed up good from my short test drive. I hope I don't have cracking issues since I only have one flex joint...

ford rules

Reaction score
Well I drove it into work on the stock tune today, even on the stock tune it runs pretty well.
Anyone ever have issues updating their SCT? I tried to last night but couldn't get it to work. I'm gonna have to call SCT tech tonight and try to get it updated and tunes loaded

ford rules

Reaction score
Got the tunes from quicktricks loaded. Truck absolutley rips, that is once the trans figures out what it wants to do lol.
Im going to call gearhead tmrw and get some tunes coming from them as greg reccomended them for their injectors.

Also gonna order some stainless 4" and build a new intake, I had to unhook the filter minder as it kept sucking in.

ford rules

Reaction score
I'll take it to the track and get some 1/4 miles times soon hopefully. I need to order a RCD thumper pump.

ford rules

Reaction score
Got the gearhead reduced fuel tune in it and it is awesome!! Runs about 45lbs of boost wot.

I got my 4" stainless on order to build a new CAI hopefully I can start that next weekend.

Trans is doin alright on the gearhead tunes seams to shift better than quicktricks tunes ever did, I still don't think it will last long though lol

TheReelMuhcoy

Reaction score
What's your Injection Pressure like with those 230's on the factory pump? How we'll are you burning all that fuel with the 66? Got some WOT videos?

swinky

Reaction score
I have some vids of mine. Should be similar, just a touch slower I would imagine.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

ford rules

Reaction score
I'm seing 38 lbs. But I think I may be maxing out the factory sensor. I'm gonna run a T off the factory tube off the manifold and put a manual guage on it and see what I get.

ford rules

Reaction score
With how many ppl talk about BP killing head gaskets on 6.0's I'd like to know what it is. Although I don't know what is acceptable for our setups or what you could do to change it.I just want to know if the sensor is making out really.

I painted up the hot side cac pipe I had to cut and weld on and also put my turbo blanket on.

swinky

Reaction score
I hear ya. I was just curious because I dont monitor it. Got any pics of the blanket?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

ford rules

Reaction score
Here ya go.
B57C6DB4-B0DB-4E1C-982A-ECCFB8FAE388_zps59btfzvw.jpg

F2FEA073-7FDB-46F0-ABCD-3B4B94631B96_zpsdkmbdcwk.jpg

Glowshift boost guage lol
7045BFE7-537D-49D7-ABCB-E96857ABE8B3_zpsom8yugea.png

ford rules

Reaction score
Well got my edge replacement EGT probe since my old one took a crap.
Ive been running without a egt guage since I did the Non vgt swap, Im happy to report that egts at WOT are about 1350 which is alot less then the stock setup was. And cruising is around 650-700 at 55-60 MPH.
Im gonna order new boots and clamps for the hot side as I keep blowing them off.

Also got the flange made for my MAF sensor so hopefully I can get the intake done next week sometime.

6 L chevy eater

Reaction score
[QUOTE=ford rules;
Im gonna order new boots and clamps for the hot side as I keep blowing them off.

Try cleaning good with an alcohol pad and then use some hair spray on the boots and connections, take it easy on the truck for a little bit to let the hair spray set up, it may keep ur boot on. Jus a suggestion

TheReelMuhcoy

Reaction score
I was using carb cleaner, on both surfaces, then 150-180 grit sand paper to scuff the metal surfaces THEN use hair spray. If you do not first rough up the surface the hair spray doesn't really hold. Only replace the boots when they have cracks in them, or when you switch to v-band clamps... (No more boots blowing on my truck!)

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.