Gearhead tunes

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Yes Matts street tune is great with dual pumps and 110's. No timing rattle for me though. Nice and smooth.
I just got his new race file today. Cant wait to see how it runs.

Check the pw, mine is a race tune but pw is only 1.9.

Gearhead

Reaction score
someone shoud log the timing when you are getting the "timing rattle" you may be suprised.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
someone shoud log the timing when you are getting the "timing rattle" you may be suprised.

What else would it be? I have run enough tunes in my day and I get it down low like crazy. No other tune I have ever run has had it. Not to mention the timing I would see does not necessarily indicate true amount of timing. I don't really care but it is there.

Gearhead

Reaction score
It isn't the main injection event (where the cylinder pressure is really added). I haven't sarted playing with it but the pilots may just need to be retarded a bit. It is at low boost when it happens from what i've seen, so there isn't really big cylinder pressures at play.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
It isn't the main injection event (where the cylinder pressure is really added). I haven't sarted playing with it but the pilots may just need to be retarded a bit. It is at low boost when it happens from what i've seen, so there isn't really big cylinder pressures at play.

Exactly. That's why I'm not worried :) send me a big pw tune.

Dieselgeek

Reaction score
Mine is at 1800 rpm, usually right before shifting to 2nd gear. Today the truck didn't hang at 1200 rpm while downshifting/slowing down. It is weird, and something I don't care for. I am a former 6spd guy, so having a transmission shift for me is something I'm not enjoying as much as I thought I would.

mclean

Reaction score
I get it after around 1800rpm IIRC.

Yeah mine is at about 1900-2000 rpm...same range. Didn't know what it was but none of my other tuners have done that.

Not complaining though, if it isn't harmful, it is still worth the little be of noise to embarrass the chargers and challengers and cummings that the guys have at work :)

MINK

Reaction score
I'm still running my Race tune from Matt - the shifting strategy has really grown on me, great tune.

TripleE44

Reaction score
What smaller tunes than the race are offered, and what are their estimated HP levels? Also what's pricing like on these tunes?

GearHeadSales

Reaction score
What smaller tunes than the race are offered, and what are their estimated HP levels? Also what's pricing like on these tunes?

We have a Tow, Street, Hot Street, and Race. Tow is very mild and only about a 40 horse increse. Street is about 475 to the wheels, Hot Street is 525, and Race is 550. We have single tunes and packages. Tow is free with any two tunes. Feel free to call or PM with what you are interested in and I can get you a price.

Cory S

Reaction score
Hot street sounds attractive. Any one have any feedback on that tune? What is the price for a single tune? e-mailed?

Like 100 or so and yes emailed. Maybe 75 but out of all the tunes I have ran (innovative, spartan, and Kem) Matt's hot street is the best all around tune for me

Sent from ...

Johnny77Mutt

Reaction score
Super fun tune, great daily driver, you can tow with it also as long as its not ridiculous. Good milage also.

What would you consider ridiculous? I usually tow from 10k-16k but sometimes a bit more. I already ordered my tunes and cant wait, the customer service is also awesome.