Is HPFP leak into motor possible

IHPowerstroke7.3

Reaction score
Spec. Was as high as 9psi iirc, I can't see 10 psi being a problem but who knows. I do know that this problem occurred on 100% stock trucks. As stated, there is an internal pump inside the hpfp. One thing ford did right with the 6.7 was to have the hpfp external to the engine, even though is was most likely done that way for serviceability, it is another good reason.

mike@haller's

Reaction score
I never did get a seal found. But didn't try very hard as I went to dual pumps after it happened. Be careful pulling the gear, the bolt that holds it is left hand thread. Seen a few guys snap that bolt off trying to get it out by turning it the wrong way.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
I never did get a seal found. But didn't try very hard as I went to dual pumps after it happened. Be careful pulling the gear, the bolt that holds it is left hand thread. Seen a few guys snap that bolt off trying to get it out by turning it the wrong way.

LOL why you gotta talk **** about me like that on the internet?

Reaction score
My truck had fuel leak into the oil... Same about 4-5 gallons in like 20 miles... My corperate was the hpfp, lpfp psi was at 12 and it leaked like hell, put a new one in and it didn't run long, got about 3 miles out of it, and it had a misfire on cylinder 1.. Turned out that my cam bearings were ripped to shreads, and took out all my mains, my connecting rods, my pistons, everything... The whole motor was trashed and is now sitting in my garage rotting away.

I have to give it to the 6.4 though, the whole time it ran with the motor in this condition, it did not skip a beat.

Lmgrpowerstroke

Reaction score
My truck had fuel leak into the oil... Same about 4-5 gallons in like 20 miles... My corperate was the hpfp, lpfp psi was at 12 and it leaked like hell, put a new one in and it didn't run long, got about 3 miles out of it, and it had a misfire on cylinder 1.. Turned out that my cam bearings were ripped to shreads, and took out all my mains, my connecting rods, my pistons, everything... The whole motor was trashed and is now sitting in my garage rotting away.

I have to give it to the 6.4 though, the whole time it ran with the motor in this condition, it did not skip a beat.

How many miles were on your motor. This motor of mine has roughly 30 miles.

Oil was brand new. Fuel and oil still separated to some extent when drained.

Reaction score
How many miles were on your motor. This motor of mine has roughly 30 miles.

Oil was brand new. Fuel and oil still separated to some extent when drained.

Didn't break 5000 miles, reman hpfp, and those 5000 miles were going out of town a lot. I'm glad my truck threw a code and I was able to keep it close to home, I have a thread from when my truck threw the code.. Oil was brand new and it was separated as well. Hopefully your truck isn't destroyed like mine was..

Breaking Habits

Reaction score
I hope for your sake you dont have catastrophic failure like mine.

Put in a new pump, drove it, actually hydrolocked from the bottom up. Blew the dipstick out in 17 miles.

Flushed the system, ran away with pump number 3 idling in the parking lot with 15 minutes of run time. 34,000 mile immaculate truck, 8 bent rods, 8 melted pistons

These AER remans are an abortion. Alliant Power is working on a new reman to replace that style, but the one on the market is currently the same style as AER for those wondering.

Lmgrpowerstroke

Reaction score
I hope for your sake you dont have catastrophic failure like mine.

Put in a new pump, drove it, actually hydrolocked from the bottom up. Blew the dipstick out in 17 miles.

Flushed the system, ran away with pump number 3 idling in the parking lot with 15 minutes of run time. 34,000 mile immaculate truck, 8 bent rods, 8 melted pistons

These AER remans are an abortion. Alliant Power is working on a new reman to replace that style, but the one on the market is currently the same style as AER for those wondering.

So You hydro locked the motor from the amount of fuel.

This makes me want to find a replacement seal for the factory pump

powerstrokedkid87

Reaction score
we had issues as well.....fortunately we were able to catch the problem

I remember reading a while back a way to test the system before lowering the cab back down to make sure of no leaks..have to remember where I found it.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.