Looking for customer input

Powerstroke Man 6.4

Reaction score
Hey Matt when the ost is released, will we have to call in or will the links be posted on here to download the files?

Powerstroke Man 6.4

Reaction score
Quoting this for the current page.

Thought I'd sneak some pictures of progress on the upgrades and additions to our on-screen tuning.

I've added a ton of stuff- enough to damn nearly eliminate the need for "custom" tuning for many of you, in the conventional sense.

Options added on BETA:

Injector Nozzle Sizing
Allows selection between stock/default, 30% over, 60% over, 100% over, and 150% over nozzles. This is a global change to all fueling and pulsewidth (except WOT) that will calibrate nozzles back to necessary fueling levels.

Peak Injection Pulsewidth
Selections between 1.5ms, 1.6ms, 1.7ms, 1.8ms, 1.9ms, 2.0ms, 2.1ms, 2.2ms, 2.3ms, 2.4ms, and 2.5ms. This encompasses the max pulsewidth used in 95% of applications from small nozzles on a stock pump, to larger nozzles on dual K16's or larger. Simply raise the pulsewidth to your liking, or until it starts draining fuel rails.

Turbocharger Selection
Selections between Stock, Modified VGT (71 to 73mm Low Pressure, stock to 60mm High Pressure), Modified VGT (75 to 76mm LP, 59-60mm HP), Modified VGT (75 to 76mm LP, 61-66mm HP), or Fixed Geometry.

Modified VGT selections will correct VGT feedforward controller and exhaust backpressure tables for optimal operation with the selected turbochargers.

Fixed Geometry setting will turn off VGT controller, and disable diagnostic trouble codes associated, for use with non-VGT. This works for both single turbos or non-VGT compounds.

Low Boost Fueling/Smoke Control
Adjustable from Stock to +50%, in 10% increments, along with "OFF" This adjustment range is wide enough to eliminate smoke on the low end, and spool even large turbos on the high end.

Cooling Fan Engagement Temp, Engine
Full speed fan engagement temperature based on engine coolant. Allows selection from 215 to 230 degrees F.

Cooling Fan Engagement Temp, Trans
Full speed fan engagement temperature based on trans temp. Allows selection from 215 to 230 degrees F.

High Pressure Fuel System
Selectable between Stock, Aftermarket Single HPFP (such as the II Dragonfire), Dual K16/K16 (such as Elite's kit) and Dual K16/CP3 (River City and others).

This will correct VCV, PCV, and rail pressure settings, adaptive fuel pressure control parameters, and modify diagnostics to work with the selected system.

Throttle Dampening
Turns throttle dampening on or off. On for smoother throttle input, off for quicker response. Your choice.

Engine Rev Limiter
Self explanatory. Can choose between tune default, 3500, 3750, 4000, 4250, or 4500 and 4750 for built engines.

EGT Defueling Setpoint
Self explanatory. Configurable from 1400 to 1800 degrees, or OFF.

Oil Temperature Defueling Setpoint
Self explanatory. Configurable from 230 to 260 degrees, or OFF.

Coolant Temperature Defueling Setpoint
Self explanatory. Configurable from 230 to 250 degrees, or OFF.

Fuel Temperature Defueling Setpoint
Self explanatory. Configurable from 170 to 230 degrees, or OFF.

Transmission Hardware
Selections between Stock, Suncoast, River City, Elite, Midwest, and ATS. These settings will correct clutch pack boost times, shift pressures, and adaptive parameters to match the selected transmission.

Converter Stall RPM
Selections between 1600RPM, 1800RPM(Stock), 2000RPM, 2200RPM, and 2400RPM. Corrects k-factor calculations and torque converter lockup speed ratios.

Shift Solenoids
Selectable between stock or modified direct solenoid. Corrects boost time and shift pressures for a modded direct clutch solenoid, such as Suncoast.

1st though 6th Gear Torque Converter Lockup and Unlock Scheduling, Wide Open Throttle
Add or subtract in MPH to converter lock and unlock scheduling for each gear (10 adjustable parameters total)

5th and 6th Gear Torque Converter Lockup and Unlock Scheduling, Part Throttle
Adjustable in MPH for low and part throttle lockup and unlock, separately from WOT. Not available for gears 1, 2, and 3 since lockup is not used.

WOT RPM Based Shift Points
Configurable from 3100RPM to 4000RPM for 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 5th, and 6th gears independently.

1st through 6th Gear Upshift and Downshift Scheduling
1-2, 2-1, 2-3, 3-2, 3-5, 5-3, 5-6, and 6-5 Shift schedules adjustable by MPH. 10 independent tables for shift customization.

6th Gear Tow/Haul Lockout

On/Off selection. Selecting on blocks 6th gear in Tow/Haul, effectively making the Tow/Haul button an Overdrive On/Off selection. Useful for guys running large turbos who need to downshift to keep the turbo spooled, for various purposes.

Shift Firmness
Shift firmness adjustable for 1-2, 2-3, 3-5, and 5-6 shifts independently. Adjustable by percentage, -20% to +25%. Adjustments correct shift pressures and transmission adaptive slip times simultaneously, to the desired shift feel.

Torque Converter Lockup Firmness
Selectable from -20% to +30%. Adjusts converter lockup pressures and adaptive slip times simultaneously

These are added on top of our already existing parameters.

123ulmr.jpg

34976kl.jpg

10f9fz5.jpg

r2ruh4.jpg

11vnn28.jpg

6rn3ah.jpg

34rddm1.jpg

Injector Pulsewidth selection
o09opw.jpg

Nozzle Size selection
hwin3q.jpg

Turbocharger selection
2dj9po0.jpg

High Pressure Fuel System selection
2dgugiq.jpg

Transmission Hardware selection
2krq6s.jpg

Low Boost Fueling selection
2m3soqf.jpg

If anyone has any suggestions on things you'd like to see added, feel free.

Powerstroke Man 6.4

Reaction score
Just uploaded a BETA version of our new base files for you guys to try out. Everything in these files is brand new; we basically started from scratch.

The files linked below are a 325HP file, making similar peak power to our old 310. That's about all that it has in common, though. The mannerism of the new base files is entirely different- pedal feel, shifting characteristics, etc.

This is the first of several we will be releasing for BETA, I wanted to give you guys a taste. These base files, when finished, will provide the basis for starting points for our new custom files, and will also be the starting base for shift-on-the-fly. Part of the reason I've been waiting to start custom tuning, was to get these new base files done and vetted, so anyone buying will be getting the latest and greatest.

The 325 file I'm making available now is extremely mild-mannered until WOT. The pedal is far less sensitive than our past and current product, shifting is very mild below half throttle. Lockup on this file will fall between our current early lock and late lock. If you find that it's too early or late for your taste, don't worry, because you'll be able to edit that on-screen by the time we release a production version. General driving behavior is even milder than our current 210HP, more along the feel of a 75HP or 150HP file. You won't even know what you are driving until you step heavy in the throttle. Many of the techniques we used designing this were techniques learned in development of the 2015/2016 6.7L trucks, and any of you who own both will most likely notice immediate similarities in the pedal mapping, shift firmness/feel, etc. Also note that shifting adaptation is almost non-existent with this new file. Due to a large number of changes (yes, some of it stolen from the 6R140 ;)), this will typically adapt in a short trip around the block.

When you download the zip folder, remove the .enc file, and simply place it in the "transfer" folder of your tuner's SD card root directory folder, and it will show up in your available tunes as "325HP Experimental v8".

Please note, there are two versions- one for Job2+2008/2009/2010, and one for Spar<->tan TCM users. I'm still working on a new strategy layout for the Job 1 Build 2008 trucks; I'll post when it is ready.

If your vehicle strategy reads "SPAR<->TANENGINE1 SPAR<->TANTRANS02", download here:
http://www.spar<->tandieseltech.com/325_Job2.zip

If your vehicle strategy reads "SPAR<->TANENGINE1 SPAR<->TANTRANSTM", download here:
http://www.spar<->tandieseltech.com/public_html/325HP_TCM.zip

If your vehicle strategy reads "SPAR<->TANENGINE1 SPAR<->TANTRANS01", don't attempt to use either of these, I'll have a Job 1 update soon.

You'll need to remove <-> in the hyperlinks for the download. Had to put those in there because of the word filter.

Forget everything you knew about our previous stuff, and give this a try. Feedback appreciated!

***A note about converter lockup- as mentioned above, this file is middle of the road between early and late lockup. It may lock up a little too early if you have 3.55 gears and 37"+ tires, or a little late if you are in a F450 with 4.30 or 4.88 gears. Don't worry about this; as mentioned before, it will be adjustable by release date***

Quoting this for the current page also, as it got buried a handful of pages back (OP on page 9).

SpartanDieselTech

Reaction score
Matt, are you guys still alive??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mostly! Buried in development, working on getting a truck back together.

As for how to to contact us for the release, this thead will be the very first place I'll be posting when ready. Will advise as to the procedure- all the requests will initially go through our tech support.

Powerstroke Man 6.4

Reaction score
Lol every time I ask that question.. Silence.. They sure know how to build suspense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well they are about to release updates for 11/12 13/14 base tuning files and filesets for non vgt/15 pump etc.

So hopefully were aren't to far behind LOL.

SpartanDieselTech

Reaction score
I don't have an exact date, at the moment. The 6.4 update is much more massive than the 6.7 ones. Comprehensive and detailed overhaul from the bottom up.

There are only two of us working on it, I'll let everyone know as soon as we are ready.

Buckiii2

Reaction score
Guys my Warren D Shop transmission shipped today. It's a 5r110 in a 08. Any recommendations on break in?

Latest posts

Members online