midwest diesel single kit, yay or nay???

Cknox121

Reaction score

TY'S08FX4

Reaction score
Not really sure what sound everyone's referring too, if it's the sound at the end that would be 5th gear early lock up before i got custom tuning, it would always lose boost and bark the turbo, not easy keeping a s472 lit on stock fuel without custom tuning. First time in 2 weeks I've heard anyone say the exhaust sounds like hell...everyone around here that's heard it says it sounds pretty mean.

97f350stroker

Reaction score
All the videos sound awesome except that last one. It almost sounds like the bottom end is about to see daylight lol Its has to be something with the video maybe because none of the others sound like that

TY'S08FX4

Reaction score
All the videos sound awesome except that last one. It almost sounds like the bottom end is about to see daylight lol Its has to be something with the video maybe because none of the others sound like that

It was filmed with an iPhone so who knows, it has quieted down noticeably since the motor has broken in and runs much smoother now, that was the first somewhat heavy throttle I had run the truck on since it has been built, I can say it still screams though, it's getting a 5" mbrp muffler soon, way too loud to daily drive around town with.

johnp115

Reaction score
It was filmed with an iPhone so who knows, it has quieted down noticeably since the motor has broken in and runs much smoother now, that was the first somewhat heavy throttle I had run the truck on since it has been built, I can say it still screams though, it's getting a 5" mbrp muffler soon, way too loud to daily drive around town with.

All mine were filmed with an iPhone too idk it did sound a lot more rough and crackly than the others videos

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TY'S08FX4

Reaction score
All mine were filmed with an iPhone too idk it did sound a lot more rough and crackly than the others videos

Watching your vids mine is noticeably louder then your truck for sure..too loud for phone speakers, most likely being a s400 turbo with a 1.0 housing, I can say it doesn't muffle the exhaust much...and batmo wheel turbos have a different exhaust note to them as well.

johnp115

Reaction score
Watching your vids mine is noticeably louder then your truck for sure..too loud for phone speakers, most likely being a s400 turbo with a 1.0 housing, I can say it doesn't muffle the exhaust much...and batmo wheel turbos have a different exhaust note to them as well.

Ya my exhaust is wide open, I guess it's the different housing size and also different turbine!

CAT35niner

Reaction score
Hmm guess I shouldn't assume. But everyone I've heard was a 72 or bigger with bigger housings and they all sounded like that. I've ridden in Craig's truck when he first put a single on it and it was obnoxious. I put the same turbo on mine and sounded exactly like it.

BlackPearl6.4

Reaction score
my tubo and pedestal showed up yesterday, should be getting my boots and piping today, and tomorrow the past piece to the puzzle, the downpipe lol

have any of yall ever tried to put the downpipe in from the bottom, its a 2pc system, or would it be much easier to put top half in from the top?

Cknox121

Reaction score
my tubo and pedestal showed up yesterday, should be getting my boots and piping today, and tomorrow the past piece to the puzzle, the downpipe lol

have any of yall ever tried to put the downpipe in from the bottom, its a 2pc system, or would it be much easier to put top half in from the top?

Bottom

Sent from my cracked iPhone using Tapatalk

johnp115

Reaction score
Top half of the dp from the top and bottom half from the bottom.

Depending where it's split at. Or just the whole thing from the bottom but for me the Uppipe was in the way to do that and putting the first half up top was a breeze

Latest posts

Members online