MY BUILD

jdgleason

Reaction score
Can you say bent rods or cracked pistons LOL

Lol I can say all kinds of things... Like "crank laying on the floor..." Or "found a wrist pin in the parking lot" lol

At least you'll know it's coming lol.

When my change engine light came on I pretty much knew I deserved it lol.

Crack85

Reaction score
Lol I can say all kinds of things... Like "crank laying on the floor..." Or "found a wrist pin in the parking lot" lol

At least you'll know it's coming lol.

When my change engine light came on I pretty much knew I deserved it lol.

Pretty sure mine just came on.

Tree Trimmer

Reaction score
interesting.

i need the dash cluster you two have.

i would like a "change" engine light to. lol

ncollins64

Reaction score
Well quick update. Truck is running awesome. Got my new tunes from Matt at Gearhead and it cleared up the hazing and the trans tuning is still perfect. There's nothing like a built trans. Anyways went pulling last night and made a couple changes. I was hanging weight and made some stops and the truck was hooking better than ever. But I did sheer my driveshaft right at the carrier bearing. I did some checking and called my driveshaft guy and he said I could go back with a two piece for X amount of dollars or I could upgrade to a big single shaft with 1480 joints for the same amount or maybe a lil cheaper. If I decide to do the 1480 upgrade I would need differant flanges for the diff and transfer case. Does anybody have part numbers for those two items?

ncollins64

Reaction score
Yea it was. I heard a loud pop and noticed I wasn't stopped so I kept it hammered for as long as I could lol. I'll get a new shaft this Friday if I can get some flanges and if I decide 1480s and it'll be ready.

ncollins64

Reaction score
I had thought about that also since I've got the OUO carrier bearing drop but I'm not sure. I've got till Friday to decide. Also thinking going dana 80 also. I've got a buddy at hudlow axle and he will take care of me if I decide to do an 80. He was gonna swap my outers and move the shock mounts and spring perches. I'll do that since dynatrac is costly$$

ncollins64

Reaction score
Well it's been a while since I updated. Since, I have got my most current tunes from Matt with the timing raised and this thing feels better than ever. Got my new rear springs ordered and need to get my long bars ordered. Also fixing to switch to custom mcc tunes and see if I like them better than the sct tunes. When on a trip a couple of weeks ago to Florida and back and I averaged 18 hand calculated running 76 mph at 1900 rpm. Didn't think that was to bad. Also got my new single shaft with 1480 joints and so far this thing is perfectly balanced.

On to another question. I've asked before but never bought anything. But I've made up my mind and I'm taking my custom interior out. Just seats front and rear. Either buying new style kr or pecan platinum. You guys that have seen both what's your thoughts on which would look better in my truck? The truck is a factory 08 king ranch with the tan and woodgrain interior pieces painted all platinum white on the exterior.

Cknox121

Reaction score
There so high cause you have to buy them all in separate pieces. I checked already. Good luck finding a decent set for sell via CL or junkyard

Sent from my cracked iPhone using Tapatalk