Powerstroke214's build thread

Powerstroke214

Reaction score
Because of unforeseen changes, my whole plan has been thrown off, so I'm reevaluating it, looking for opinions.

1). Gonna unlock the Livewire and use it as a monitor soon
2). Considering I don't haul anything(except azz getting on the interstate) running a mild, non-studded tune should be ok right? I was gonna wait, but having the tuner in my hands is getting me anxious.
3). Getting to be crunch time, probably gonna jump on the next set of 20s I can find, then engine stuff. Planning to do EGR delete and oil cooler and blue spring. Is there anything else that NEEDS to be done while I'm in it? I figure studs and any nonessential things can wait til I have more $$$ saved up.

That's what I'm thinking for now, let me know if I'm missing anything(I know I didn't mention coolant filter, that'll be soon too).

Questions:
1). My a/c started acting up the other day, wouldn't blow cold, then only blew through the defrost vents. When it started to cool off, accelerating hard, it seemed to warm up some. I shut it off at a friends house, started it later and no problem. At first I was thinking it was the mechanism that directs the air(floor, dash, defrost) but wasn't getting cold either. :shrug:

2). My coolant level seems to miraculously gone to the correct level! Unfortunately it was overfilled before(to the old fill level). It has puked some out a while back, but there's no new residue. I checked after the truck had been shut off for 20-30 min; I'll check again, but it looks like it's down about an inch or so. I know my oil cooler is going bad, but I didn't think that would be an effect(this soon at least).

Sent from the Bayou

swinky

Reaction score
Your vacuum pump passenger side behind the battery is probably shot, that controls changing the vents. I believe defrost is the default setting on it.

When do you think you'll be able to stud it. Doing an oil cooler and egr now will suck if you're going to have it all back apart in 6 months.

Powerstroke214

Reaction score
Your vacuum pump passenger side behind the battery is probably shot, that controls changing the vents. I believe defrost is the default setting on it.

When do you think you'll be able to stud it. Doing an oil cooler and egr now will suck if you're going to have it all back apart in 6 months.

Hopefully about 6 mo or so.

How's the vac pump replacement?

Sent from the Bayou

swinky

Reaction score
I'd baby it for 6 months and not touch it bud, save the labor and do it all at once. Get a coolant filter on it asap and let it pick crap up for 6 months before the new cooler goes in.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk 2

morepower02

Reaction score
If we are talking needs save your money. A tuned truck does not have to be studded and deleted. Just don't drive it like a bat out of hell. I have a work truck over 200k and still going strong. My personal truck lost a head gasket driving 120 for 15 miles about 6 years ago. Replaced the gasket and has been fine running a race program after that. If you don't abuse it the need for the Bullet proofing the vendors love to sell is small. Just drive it and enjoy it is my advice.

swinky

Reaction score
Imo it needs to atleast be deleted. You can drive the truck like a grandma and still blow a gasket if the egr is leaking into the cylinders. Every truck is different though. In 2004 my dad blew a head gasket on his new truck with 13k on it without a tuner.

morepower02

Reaction score
I run a 2005 at work with over 200k on it hauling boats. Since new a couple of injectors is all besides normal maintenance it has needed. My personal 2005 that I bought new ran thru a head gasket due to me being a idiot in 2007 Otherwise problem free being tuned since a week after it was new....

Last edited:

O2ShootTheJ

Reaction score
I would hold off on the other cosmetic mods and save your money incase you need it. My 6.0 bit me quick, I was expecting to stud it around Christmas time I didn't get that lucky you may not either. Luckily I had the cash to go ahead and get the work done otherwise I would have been SOL.

swinky

Reaction score
I run a 2005 at work with over 200k on it hauling boats. Since new a couple of injectors is all besides normal maintenance it has needed. My personal 2005 that I bought new ran thru a head gasket due to me being a idiot in 2007 Otherwise problem free being tuned since a week after it was new....

Sounds like a little bit of luck and good tuning. Some egrs last longer than others. Let me rephrase what I said earlier. If you're dead set on studding it (I know you are) do it all at once.

swinky

Reaction score
I would hold off on the other cosmetic mods and save your money incase you need it. My 6.0 bit me quick, I was expecting to stud it around Christmas time I didn't get that lucky you may not either. Luckily I had the cash to go ahead and get the work done otherwise I would have been SOL.

Same here, still paying the 3k back I had to take out to get it back on the road lol

Powerstroke214

Reaction score

Only cosmetics I want is wheels, simply bc I don't want to put tires on these 18s and then go get 20s later.

Sent from the Bayou

Powerstroke214

Reaction score
You may want to keep the receipt. It could either be the solenoid before the pump, the pump itself, or the lines. I ended up replacing all of it for about $200.

Well, I know what I'll be doing this weekend!

Oh, and just my luck, the Livewire I have is a 6.4 livewire, so I'll have to unlock($150) and convert($65) it before I can finally tune it. But that will all have to wait til after I get this vac pump issue sorted out.

Sent from the Bayou

O2ShootTheJ

Reaction score
$215 is still cheap considering you got it for free. I'm about to spend that much on batteries tonight

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.