Powerstroked08 build

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Obviously ifv youre smokey and egts are up with stock fuel youre having issues. Is your gate running from your up pipes to the downpipe, or from the up pipes to the inlet inbetween the chargers? Ive never been a big fan with larger turbo set ups of gating around the big charger and to the downpipe unless you have ridiculous fuel or nitrous. Youre on stock fuel, there shouldnt be a reason to avoid trying to push the big charger unless youre seeing ridiculous boost numbers, or ridiculous bp number which i would suspect the small charger would be the culprit. You dont see people gating around a stock atmo. Both of you are having boost problems. Id be gating from the up pipes and pushing the big turbo, esp with stock fuel, there is no reason to waste all of that energy. The precision turbo should be able to handle the speed stock fuel would spin it

was stated early in ths thread:

I'm on bone stock fuel, HD300 tune(I have been playing with duty cycle and desired backpressure), and Yes I do have a gate. The gate is routed to the downpipe and I have done some tuning with it as well.

if its smokey, the gate is opening early. with stock fuel i've gated both ways and was not able to drive the atmo any harder either way. fuel limits that. small charger could be a culprit but your idea's about gating hold no water.

powerstroked08

Reaction score
Yeah I'm no expert in the waste gate department. But I still can't figure out why the drive pressure is up and the boost is down. I thought if I got the drive up to around 60 the boost would be close to 50. But I was apparently wrong with that one

Last edited:

powerstroked08

Reaction score
Ok now I know this video is almost as bad as JD's bag phone ones!:poke:LOL But heres my first pull with my truck. Now I need to say thank you in a huge way to Morgan for giving me advice on what I needed to do. Now I was only about half throttle until about 175 because there was a little hump there that was upsetting some trucks and I wasn't really sure if it was going to do the front end hop like they do. But Morgan was right on with the shock setup and it was flawless! By the way this was a street mod class with 68 trucks and I took third Missed second by 3 inches and first by 9 feet. Enjoy!

http://s1322.photobucket.com/user/griffithsb/media/Firstpull_zps5b050e11.mp4.html

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online