Progress report on my build

White_monster

Reaction score
Well it's time for an update. This week was like xmas for me. OUO weld on traction bars from RCD showed up, 3.55 gears from Jared Rice arrived, huge box of parts from Elite arrived so I'm happy. Last pieces from Elite are the stage 2 fuel rails and some warranty replacement pieces. Also Leen from Steed Speed phoned and my exhaust manifolds are at the ceramic coaters so they should leave this coming feel he said so once they show up I'll order material for the custom up pipes. Not much will be happening as far as assembly goes for another month due to being way to busy to even think about working on this beast but once I start I'll have lots of pics and updates. Also the bottom end is still at the machine shop due to me not getting any time during the week to go pick it up from them but the end of the month I'll have it all in my possession and the building will begin.

Elite did send me some new piping for my upper gate as I'm not gating the way they originally spec the turbo kits. Heres the new piping, I'll be gating just like there basic waste gate kit, it will go from the passenger side branch tube to the down pipe right off the turbo. Here's a pic

IMG_0089.jpg

d8f7e4dc.jpg

My WOP fire ring kit is here but I am undecided on installing it. I think i might save it for if/when the stock hg's let go and then fit the kit. heres some pics of it thou

IMG_0087.jpg

IMG_0088.jpg

Here's the OUO bars and the box of new parts that take up the corner of my basement. Many more are out in the garage.

IMG_0085.jpg

IMG_0086.jpg

IMG_0090.jpg

enjoy

juniort444e

Reaction score
What is the reason why you route the passenger side wastegate like that? Just curious.

Must be itching to get it together with all the parts starring at you.

CamTom12

Reaction score
I think there's been some issues with sealing due to heat-cycling on a more "daily driven" type set-up.

I could be wrong though.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
I think there's been some issues with sealing due to heat-cycling on a more "daily driven" type set-up.

I could be wrong though.

absolutely. i know on a more daily driven setup head only fire rings are recommended at the most. 50/50 split gives a better sealing capability, but is more sensitive to heat cycles.

907DAVE

Reaction score
Honestly, it is the first I have ever heard this with those style of o-rings. My truck probably goes through more of these heat cycle's than any other. Imagine close to a 250-300* temperature swing - everyday - for at least 6 months a year.

Zero issues.

White_monster

Reaction score
Well getting ready to finally start assembly so I figured it would be wise to read my service manual. Started comparing the manual to the pictures I took during disassembly and I have found a discrepancy. Here's the pics. Pic of my piston and rod assembled laying on the manual and you can see the books way to assemble them.

IMG_0052.jpg

Now here's the pics of how the factory ones came out of the engine.

d0d663ef.jpg

ab863f67.jpg

I'm going to install the new parts the same way the old ones came out but I figured I'd pass this info along incase someone doesn't take pics during disassembly.

Extended Power

Reaction score
So did someone pull the stock pistons off the rods at one time while they were out? (And put them on backwards?)
If not...I'd say you better check to see if your piston cooling jets aren't bent completely out of shape, or your block has been notched by the rod caps and bolts...

Latest posts

Members online