Progress report on my build

Powerstroked162

On Da Juice
Reaction score
Need all custom up pipes thou. Stock 6.4 ones don't mount to them. So I get to build all new up pipes. Ugh. This company that builds the manifolds is a hour from my parents house too so I can work with him too. I def support Canadian companies with quality products.

I agree that the guy really knows his stuff. Shane and I talked to him Monday and we both walked away feeling very very confident in his product. He has a very keen understanding of air/fluid flow dynamics which is very comforting. I even learned a thing or two from the dude :D His UK accent is pretty sweet too LOL

Glad it's making progress Shane.

Kind

Reaction score
Cooooool!!

Rob and I talked to them a few years back, at that time they didn't seem interested in anymore diesel products.

I'm glad to see they decided to make some.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
anybody worried about the fact the uppipe will be making the 90* turn ?

Powerstroked162

On Da Juice
Reaction score
anybody worried about the fact the uppipe will be making the 90* turn ?

Yes, and adding back a gasket... I think Shane will put it to the test. Using the right material there might help, it might not. I personally, would like a 90* with a v-band but all good things start somewhere

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
im betting with the waste gates set up properly to alleviate back pressure it wont be an issue

iirc heat and back pressure were the factors blowing that bend. lots of heat and lotsa bp blew aarons and brain garey's, hence the 6.0 casting with the 90 already in there.

White_monster

Reaction score
I spoke with Lane today about this. Sounds like mine will use a vband instead of the 3 bolt flange but I see no reason the 3 bolt will leak if you sealed it with copper wire. Also I see no issue with the 90 if the right material is used. Right now I'm sourcing schedule 40 elbows and such so I can build them. Also with these drive pressure will be down so hopefully that helps too. Also ceramic coating the inside and outside will help too.

mike@haller's

Reaction score
iirc heat and back pressure were the factors blowing that bend. lots of heat and lotsa bp blew aarons and brain garey's, hence the 6.0 casting with the 90 already in there.

Your right the super high egts caused the pipes to glow red on brian garys. Then the high back pressure blew them out. I still think proper gating would have fixed it

Dzchey21

Reaction score
The 90 in the manifold wouldn't worry me too bad if nitrous wasn't going to be used. I think nitrous kinda Burns some.of the left over fuel in the uppipes and that's part of the reason they get glowing hot. Not sure if that's a fact but its a theory of mine

White_monster

Reaction score
I hear what your saying Dustin. I'm gonna be building all new up pipes now to go with these manifolds. The elbow is going to consist of schedule 40 304 stainless in a long radius and schedule 10 for the straight sections. However they go the elbow is not gonna be an issue since I never hit the track so nitrous isn't really a concern for me, it's just there for looks lmao.

juniort444e

Reaction score
Need all custom up pipes thou. Stock 6.4 ones don't mount to them. So I get to build all new up pipes. Ugh. This company that builds the manifolds is a hour from my parents house too so I can work with him too. I def support Canadian companies with quality products.

Are they or he making manifolds for the 7.3. Would be nice to have something better than stock but without the cracking problems of headers and price.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Powerstroked162

On Da Juice
Reaction score
Are they or he making manifolds for the 7.3. Would be nice to have something better than stock but without the cracking problems of headers and price.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Yes. He and I have been talking about it. I'm gonna send him parts and a couple other things next week. Gonna hopefully have a set to test in a couple months if all goes well. Not that I really want to waste any more money on a 7.3 but I'd like for something better to be available for other guys without an eyeball gouging price

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online