question/tips/tricks/advice/how to thread

Powerstroke Man 6.4

Reaction score
The truck has 200 warhammer spartan tune 5 inch MBRP exhaust AFe CAI. No codes other than P2073 Manifold Absolute Pressure/Mass Air Flow - Throttle Position Correlation At Idle. CEL stays on all the time never turns off unless you clear it with the dashdaq but the CEL and same code It will return on the next key cycle.

TXGLASSMAN

Reaction score
Anyone had coolant issues? Found some red dots under the truck when I got to work this morning and was smelling coolant, truck didn't run hot, and coolant levels were ok after I popped the hood

ne3y4u8a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
The truck has 200 warhammer spartan tune 5 inch MBRP exhaust AFe CAI. No codes other than P2073 Manifold Absolute Pressure/Mass Air Flow - Throttle Position Correlation At Idle. CEL stays on all the time never turns off unless you clear it with the dashdaq but the CEL and same code It will return on the next key cycle.
mine is bone stock.. seams like after a regen it doesnt do it much at all.

WHY NOT

Reaction score
Anyone had coolant issues? Found some red dots under the truck when I got to work this morning and was smelling coolant, truck didn't run hot, and coolant levels were ok after I popped the hood

ne3y4u8a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Uh oh. How have you been man haven't seen you on here in while

Sent from my I fone 5

Powerstroke Man 6.4

Reaction score
mine is bone stock.. seams like after a regen it doesnt do it much at all.

Maybe its the increased pressure and heat causing it to do it while in regen? IDK the 6.7 is tuned and does the same thing though. Rarely does it but when it does it gets annoying fast LOL.

DTL

Reaction score
Awesome info in this thread! I've got about 18k miles on my '14 and I'm still learning it's quirks. It's my first Ford, too, which doesn't help! First lesson I learned: even though the manual says the DEF tank hold 5gal, and the dash says "DEF below 50%", I still ended up with a pint of DEF on my boots when I tried to add a 2.5gal can. Very funny, FoMoCo Engineering Squad. :doh:

I'm continuing the same maintenance schedule I ran on my previous trucks: 5k oil changes and 10k fuel/air filters. The air filter and box on these trucks is kind of lacking. I'd like to find a better arrangement without having to resort to an oiled, open element box. I spend a lot of time on dirt roads, which doesn't help!

RedRice589

Reaction score
Awesome info in this thread! I've got about 18k miles on my '14 and I'm still learning it's quirks. It's my first Ford, too, which doesn't help! First lesson I learned: even though the manual says the DEF tank hold 5gal, and the dash says "DEF below 50%", I still ended up with a pint of DEF on my boots when I tried to add a 2.5gal can. Very funny, FoMoCo Engineering Squad. :doh:

I'm continuing the same maintenance schedule I ran on my previous trucks: 5k oil changes and 10k fuel/air filters. The air filter and box on these trucks is kind of lacking. I'd like to find a better arrangement without having to resort to an oiled, open element box. I spend a lot of time on dirt roads, which doesn't help!

Only thing Lincoln locker and myself have found is at least every 5k miles change the filter. I just bulk ordered 10 of them and stuck them in a cupboard and I'll go through them before Christmas easy.

DTL

Reaction score
I've thought about doing that. I end up with half a hive of dead bees in the box, along with a variety of other random stuff. A pre-filter of some sort would be nice.

Latest posts

Members online