Update on my rig

madman1234509

Reaction score
I'm assuming fuel only? Sounds like pretty good numbers for the size turbos and size of the wheels/tires on the truck. You must be pretty ecstatic. Do you recall the hp numbers that were 2nd and 3rd?

madman1234509

Reaction score
200hp shy but the guy that built my truck has a 1000hp 5.9, garrett ball bearing compounds, and he tows cars that he builds in a big enclosed race car trailer quite often with it. Only thing he changes to tow is the air pressure in his air bags :p. I feel pretty confident my truck could tow pretty heavy, especially if I took the 66 off and replaced witha 62-64mm

Dzchey21

Reaction score
being able to detune that is the key i think, but like stated to drive that far towing and make that kinda number is flat out awesome. He puts a lot of faith in his work thats for sure. I know my old set up could have had great manners towing. Just not sure if everything would have lived LOL

webb06

Reaction score
200hp shy but the guy that built my truck has a 1000hp 5.9, garrett ball bearing compounds, and he tows cars that he builds in a big enclosed race car trailer quite often with it. Only thing he changes to tow is the air pressure in his air bags :p. I feel pretty confident my truck could tow pretty heavy, especially if I took the 66 off and replaced witha 62-64mm

2300 miles? I'm sure the load lavon had weighed twice as much as enclosed trailer with a car in it

madman1234509

Reaction score
Im sure it did, I was just saying its pretty impressive what some trucks will tow with these big hp making set ups, especially with the right sizing of the turbos. Wasn't trying to bash Lavon or anything

Dzchey21

Reaction score
meh i like to argue that point. my camper isnt very big, only weights 8000 fully loaded but it pulls just as bad or worse as a 15k load on a gooseneck. So an enclosed in my book empty or loaded is a decent load. no body factors in the wind drag

Tree Trimmer

Reaction score
even a slope front, or a v front, still pulls like a barn door when you get it sized large enough to put a car/truck in.

gimme a truck on a gooseneck anyday to a car/truck in a enclosed.