Update on my rig

madman1234509

Reaction score
Yea I'd freak out if the needle climbed that far as well. I normally have them shut it down between 3500-3800. On the 2nd dyno I got it on, I told the guy 3800 unless you see the back pressure gauge peg it at 100psi because we were still messing with that gates. First time I ran it on a dyno the gates didn't open at all and they made me dyno it, pegged the gauge x2.

Erikclaw

Reaction score
JD and one of Hallers crew have been the only ones besides me to run my truck. You have to have trust in the guy for sure. I wasn't worried with either of those guys behind my wheel, but I have seen some operators that actually made me rethink running.

What do you run daily Erik? A smaller tune or Balls to the wall?

I run the tow tune here, it is basically smoke free and makes about 870hp. Still plenty of fun.

blk350on20s

Reaction score
Looks like Dan. He dynoes my truck every year at DNR customs dyno and I watch him like a hawk. Specific instructions and always have my hand over the nitrous switches when we spray. His dyno is super accurate and he runs the trucks quick and efficient. He hits rev limiter in a lot of trucks though LOL.

Congrats on the numbers Erik. Glad you got it back and awesome to see it get so many miles on it instantly. Looking good!!

Breaking Habits

Reaction score
Looks like Dan. He dynoes my truck every year at DNR customs dyno and I watch him like a hawk. Specific instructions and always have my hand over the nitrous switches when we spray. His dyno is super accurate and he runs the trucks quick and efficient. He hits rev limiter in a lot of trucks though LOL.

Congrats on the numbers Erik. Glad you got it back and awesome to see it get so many miles on it instantly. Looking good!!

Yeah Dan's good stuff. He's pretty good at getting pretty accurate runs

Erikclaw

Reaction score
We ran the last run to 4200, he said the curve started to climb again at 4000 so I told him to run it up a bit more. It was getting heat soaked by then and didn't make any more power. I know my motor can take 4500 rpm runs but don't see any reason for it. I know how big my cok is. LOL

NathannialD

Reaction score
We ran the last run to 4200, he said the curve started to climb again at 4000 so I told him to run it up a bit more. It was getting heat soaked by then and didn't make any more power. I know my motor can take 4500 rpm runs but don't see any reason for it. I know how big my cok is. LOL

truthfully we have taken Tadds truck with the same valvetrain hardware upwards of 5k, his cam still made power up there which is the only reason. Your truck is capable of handling those rpm's but no real reason to as you said.

mike@haller's

Reaction score
I could set it to 4k but it begins pulling fuel before that to stop at 4k. I could adjust that to. But I've never been a fan of making it a hard stop limiter. I would rather it pulled fuel gradually to hit the limiter. Like Nathaniel said it will handle the rpms so it's set at 4500 and begins pulling fuel at 4300 to hit it.

mike@haller's

Reaction score
Also I wouldn't be so hard on dan. He seems to do a good job. Running these bigger power trucks on a dyno that you've never seen before can be hard. They gain rpm so fast sometimes you can't get out of it fast enough if your not ready for it. And at an event you might run a 300hp first gen dodge than a 1k hp beast. Gets hard to react to all the different combos.

Erikclaw

Reaction score
Well I did tow a tripple axle toyhauler and it did fine. Engine oil is hotter than I like but an external cooler will take care of it. Pulled a grade at 65mph when most are at 45 lol. It was getting warm near the top.

So I went sled pulling, the track was very spongy and I should have gone in 4 lo but put it in 4 hi. It works great in a looser track. Never built full boost saw 50psi. then at the end this happened.

db366f46-2d5b-4368-8dc5-e38e0e8390da_zps2a4249b7.jpg
"]
db366f46-2d5b-4368-8dc5-e38e0e8390da_zps2a4249b7.jpg
[/URL]

Think the tc took a crap spraying fluid all over the red hot up pipes. From what we saw the fire didn't damage anything but it has a valve train issue. Doesn't start and pops through the intake as it turns over. It is at a shop in No Cal now.

Latest posts

Members online