Update on my rig

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Lmao I'm just saying I'll take the under....

On my way to investigate that.... Lmao

I <3 Erik clausen lol

Why thank you sir!

Lol he's just a weird little Indian guy....
im way closer then shone.. he better put that ferd in the wind so he can TRY to save your soulless ass..

live life full throttle

RedRice589

Reaction score
you forget i run heavy equipment for a living... ill get through easily enough.

live life full throttle

Heavy equipment Psh by the time you get it unloaded the state police will haul you off ***ker I'll be pointing and laughing.

after what my chiropractor put me through yesterday, ill be ok..

live life full throttle

Chiropractors are the best. Fixed my ex-gf too you guys must have had the same treatment.... Head jammed into the headboard too many times.... :pointlaugh:

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Heavy equipment Psh by the time you get it unloaded the state police will haul you off ***ker I'll be pointing and laughing.

Chiropractors are the best. Fixed my ex-gf too you guys must have had the same treatment.... Head jammed into the headboard too many times.... :pointlaugh:
ill bring the mini excavator and park around the corner. you will never hear me till i tip your trailer over with it.

live life full throttle

Last edited:

Erikclaw

Reaction score
This whole valve spring discussion has me thinking. Any of you guys think too heavy of a valve spring can cause valve train failure? Big bp needs a heavier spring to compensate correct? But how much of a spring is needed and for what bp?

SEABEE08FX4

Reaction score
This whole valve spring discussion has me thinking. Any of you guys think too heavy of a valve spring can cause valve train failure? Big bp needs a heavier spring to compensate correct? But how much of a spring is needed and for what bp?

Yeah a heavier spring is needed for higher boost / back pressure / RPM applications, basically keeps the valves from either getting blown open or floating. I don't think anyone makes a heavier spring than 125lbs for a 6.4, but I could be wrong on that.

Erikclaw

Reaction score
Yeah a heavier spring is needed for higher boost / back pressure / RPM applications, basically keeps the valves from either getting blown open or floating. I don't think anyone makes a heavier spring than 125lbs for a 6.4, but I could be wrong on that.

I am not meaning a higher lb spring, just want to know if anyone has done the research and or math to know how heavy of a spring is needed? I am wondering if we are using springs that are too heavy causing rocker breakage.

Six_Sloww

Reaction score
My guess is, the only people that know for sure light/stock springs weren't good enough are people that kissed a valve. So you make the decision: possibly float a valve with a stock spring? (Potentially catastrophic) or put extra strain on the rocker with a stronger spring (crappy if it lets go, but far less damage done)

As for your situation where the entire valve train was taken out it really seems like really sh**y luck, or a screw up.

Erikclaw

Reaction score
Yeah I get all that, just thinking out loud. Has anyone thrown a head on a flow bench and seen at what pressures what lb springs float or can't hold?

Six_Sloww

Reaction score
Problem is that's a static test, it wouldn't tell you if it could close the valve fast enough at 4500 rpm so that the piston couldn't smash it.

I'm curious as well, with no aftermarket solutions for these crappy rocker arms I'm skeptical on putting upgraded springs in my 6.4