Update on my rig

Erikclaw

Reaction score
Problem is that's a static test, it wouldn't tell you if it could close the valve fast enough at 4500 rpm so that the piston couldn't smash it.

I'm curious as well, with no aftermarket solutions for these crappy rocker arms I'm skeptical on putting upgraded springs in my 6.4

Gotcha, that is what I am wondering about too. I have the new rockers that just came out but who knows how much stronger they are, if they are.

Six_Sloww

Reaction score
Anyone got a cnc? Let's start making some billet rocker arms! We need solutions! How difficult/expensive could it be? :screwy:

Reaction score
Eric's springs should all be set at 128# same springs we've used at 5500 rpm and 100psi so he will be good. I have yet to have anyone break a rocker running them. That includes our pull truck. Big thing is that we use an ovate wire that allows for more lift before cool bind.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SEABEE08FX4

Reaction score
Honestly if someone just made a stamped rocker arm made out of stronger material that would be plenty sufficient, that way all you had to do is dissect the stock ones and just swap the arm. No need to do crazy roller bearing roller tip rockers.

Six_Sloww

Reaction score
Honestly if someone just made a stamped rocker arm made out of stronger material that would be plenty sufficient, that way all you had to do is dissect the stock ones and just swap the arm. No need to do crazy roller bearing roller tip rockers.

That's what I was getting at with the billet cnc piece. Nothing crazy, just stronger.

SEABEE08FX4

Reaction score
No need to reinvent the wheel for sure, just make it our of more durable material. I would assume it would be some what easy to accomplish given the simple design and there for simple to make. And I'm sure someone can make them at a reasonable price point to where its a no brainer upgrade.

tbsimmons

Reaction score
Eric's springs should all be set at 128# same springs we've used at 5500 rpm and 100psi so he will be good. I have yet to have anyone break a rocker running them. That includes our pull truck. Big thing is that we use an ovate wire that allows for more lift before cool bind.

This right here is why Morgan is going to build my trans in the near future. Attention to detail. I asked these same questions when the failure of Eric's motor was posted, was never given numbers.
128# installed. Which should be close to 250-300# open depending on installed height and lift at the valve. More than enough in my mind with 100 PSI of back pressure on the valve.

Erikclaw

Reaction score
Well Bown's just called. Annnnd the damn pedestals got shipped out yesterday. Be here tomorrow afternoon......

Riverside

Reaction score
Sure it been done, but what about cryo treating factory rockers.

Anyone had luck with that.

If I understand the benefits of cryo treating I'd think it certainly couldn't hurt.

Reaction score
That's what I was getting at with the billet cnc piece. Nothing crazy, just stronger.

Yep, we've been looking into just that.

Yep, in my opinion that's all that's needed.

Exactly no bs, just stronger and delete the little ball at the end.

Well Bown's just called. Annnnd the damn pedestals got shipped out yesterday. Be here tomorrow afternoon......

I apologize. I though it had been shipped monday. I've been busy getting ready for TS and it slipped through the cracks. I'll send you a case of beer of your liking for the delay! Better yet you just come to SEMA and I'll buy!!