Update on my rig

Erikclaw

Reaction score
Yep, we've been looking into just that.

Exactly no bs, just stronger and delete the little ball at the end.

I apologize. I though it had been shipped monday. I've been busy getting ready for TS and it slipped through the cracks. I'll send you a case of beer of your liking for the delay! Better yet you just come to SEMA and I'll buy!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SEMA you say? HHmmmm If I can rustle up a pass......lol

swinky

Reaction score
What's the ratio on the rocker arms? I'd think at a certain point the lifters would be having a hard time keeping up no?

TurboM700

Reaction score
Just throwing this out there as I have seen it on marine engine that see high rpm for long range of time. If the valve stem to guide clearance is set to tight it will cause a slower moving valve witch either kiss a piston it allows "slack" in the valve train. The slack will either bend push rods, or break rockers over time.

I ended up running .002" clearance and haven't had a problem since.

Just a thought

TurboM700

Reaction score
Can't remember the spec off the top of my head, however its nonadjustable on the lash.

Its not lash I'm talking about its valve stem to guide clearnce. A normal auto engine is set .0012-.0018 for clearnce. I ended up having to go upto .002 to stop valves from sticking.

Granted these are on BBC running only 2 big valves. So clearnce difference are going to be different then 4 valves with tiny stems on them.

Just thought I would throw it out there. It may not have anything todo with breaking rockers it might just be cheap stamped steel they are using but, it could also help these guys live.

SEABEE08FX4

Reaction score
Its not lash I'm talking about its valve stem to guide clearnce. A normal auto engine is set .0012-.0018 for clearnce. I ended up having to go upto .002 to stop valves from sticking.

Granted these are on BBC running only 2 big valves. So clearnce difference are going to be different then 4 valves with tiny stems on them.

Just thought I would throw it out there. It may not have anything todo with breaking rockers it might just be cheap stamped steel they are using but, it could also help these guys live.

Gotcha.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.