whats everyone running for singles!!

Nick284

Reaction score
Either way ive been through it all. And i was thinking last night maybe il upgrade. I read those posts awhile back and i figured id start my own thread. Straight forward answers what people are running and how they like it... Anyways why post if your not interested in the thread!! Just keep it movin lol. Atleast you posted the threads. Il look them over again later... So you helped. But the guy in the begginning... I just dont comment enless its a good thing

powerstrokin15

Reaction score
Either way ive been through it all. And i was thinking last night maybe il upgrade. I read those posts awhile back and i figured id start my own thread. Straight forward answers what people are running and how they like it... Anyways why post if your not interested in the thread!! Just keep it movin lol. Atleast you posted the threads. Il look them over again later... So you helped. But the guy in the begginning... I just dont comment enless its a good thing

i didnt mean it as a personal attack, i didnt realize you had looked over things in the past, but the single topic is a thing that gets discussed time and time again about the same things, just multiple threads..

buck russell

Reaction score
For the most part, the single threads always end up in a pissing contest.

Sadly, nobody here can actually seem to give the pros and cons of a big single versus the factory compounds with drop-ins. Just seems to beyond the scope of anyone's mental ability to stay true to the topic and not whip out their peepee and start measuring.

As far as I'm concerned, I've only known a single setup. I bought my truck equipped with a 466 and enjoyed the heck out of it until I put on the 72. Now that I have the 72 with twin pumps, bigger nozzles and a built head, I can't stop driving it.

powerstrokin15

Reaction score
For the most part, the single threads always end up in a pissing contest.

Sadly, nobody here can actually seem to give the pros and cons of a big single versus the factory compounds with drop-ins. Just seems to beyond the scope of anyone's mental ability to stay true to the topic and not whip out their peepee and start measuring.

this. LOL

johnp115

Reaction score
The reason it turns into a pissing contest is because people get offended or struck the wrong way, and its unavoidable because really the "pros and cons" are what each separate person thinks, not really stated facts, because its hard to judge a "lag scale" or "definite hp increase" or a "EGT scale".. those things aren't relevant to each specific truck across the board...and will sway one persons opinion greatly from anthers....

so all you're going to get is the discussion that turns into a pissing contest. Some people have known non vgt all their life, some people have only known a tuned 6.4 on stock turbos.

Things are going to vary greatly.

My best advice is to consider the level of fuel your truck is pushing, ask people their setups (specifically... Like saying What is your single setup, Turbo sizing, stall converter, fuel mods, air mods, info pertaining to that only..keeping out the opinionated info) and then take your best informed guess and go with what you think is going to work for you. Really its not that hard for me to figure out what'll work... Cast wheels spool worse, billet and fmw wheels will allow you to go a little larger without added lag, Stock fuel only pushes a single so fast, So you're not gonna run a 475 lol, and yada yada... rant over.

Csilva187

Reaction score
Midwest billet s366
Midwest ported mani
No Limit etc
Gearhead mcc (big one here IMO)
Twisted stg3 2200 stall
Stock fuel

Roughly 1800-2000 elevation. I enjoy it and will run it for awhile. Key word I ENJOY it.

Mike@MPD

Reaction score
Op if you can. Go for a ride in a single turbo truck instead of like some people on here basing their assumptions on he said she said opinions

TY'S08FX4

Reaction score
Bullseye double batmo s472
87mm turbine wheel
1.0 exh housing
Stock injectors/pump
Airdog 2 165, mpd regulated return
Stage 2 colt cam
Very laggy set up, barely sees any boost from a dead stop unless you are hard on the throttle then it seems to build boost okay, thinking about switching to a .90 housing to see if it helps at all

Mike@MPD

Reaction score
Forced inductions s476/92 1.0
100% nozzles Colt stage 2 cam aeromotive a1000 rcd dual fuelers with stroker k16. 2200 stall dpc quad disk
I'll try to get videos this week. Innovative tuning worked wonders having the od shift at 63 and od lockout in tow haul

twitch02x

Reaction score
What is the diff between an s366 and s466? Frame size only? Are they the same size as far as power capabilities.

buck russell

Reaction score
Didn't you have 1.01 at one time? If so, what was the difference?

The 66 was a .9 with an 81 wheel, IIRC.

The reason it turns into a pissing contest is because people get offended or struck the wrong way, and its unavoidable because really the "pros and cons" are what each separate person thinks, not really stated facts, because its hard to judge a "lag scale" or "definite hp increase" or a "EGT scale".. those things aren't relevant to each specific truck across the board...and will sway one persons opinion greatly from anthers....

so all you're going to get is the discussion that turns into a pissing contest. Some people have known non vgt all their life, some people have only known a tuned 6.4 on stock turbos.

Very true. But there are pros and cons to each setup, but everyone here seems to be pretty segregated with their responses. Either they're very pro single turbo or very anti-single turbo.

Last edited:

Nick284

Reaction score
I thought the 366 was a pretty solid setup. Im
On stock fuel. But i read on here, someone ran a 367 and it spooled faster then the 66 but same power. So that interests me for sure. (He tried the 66 67 and 71). Ive also read someone ran a 472 with a .83 ar, and it was a decent driver. Spooled good. And theres the 467.7 which apparently runs great on cummins, duramax. Even read it was solid on a 6.0!! Basically im looking into a 367 or 467.7, and a lift pump! Just like hearing the opinions. And yes i realize everyones different, and its never straight forward. Or the right guess/answer lol. Side note, im all about this website!!

TY'S08FX4

Reaction score
And post before mine. You need more fuel

That's what I was thinking, can't decide on 60 or 100 overs...but looks like I'll have to deal with the laggy set up till the winter anyways till I save up $$ for fuel, I do enjoy driving the truck still, only thing I hate is since it doesn't see much boost the truck is LOUD, everyone stares lol hopefully by then mpd has their modded k16 out, if prefer a single modded pump as long as it's reliable

TY'S08FX4

Reaction score
I thought the 366 was a pretty solid setup. Im
On stock fuel. But i read on here, someone ran a 367 and it spooled faster then the 66 but same power. So that interests me for sure. (He tried the 66 67 and 71). Ive also read someone ran a 472 with a .83 ar, and it was a decent driver. Spooled good. And theres the 467.7 which apparently runs great on cummins, duramax. Even read it was solid on a 6.0!! Basically im looking into a 367 or 467.7, and a lift pump! Just like hearing the opinions. And yes i realize everyones different, and its never straight forward. Or the right guess/answer lol. Side note, im all about this website!!

Torque conveter stall makes a big difference on spool up as well, mostly from a stop, I had a 2200 precision in mine when I started driving it with the single, then it blew and it now has a stock converter in it(1800 I think) and it's a noticeable difference, I'd say it's seeing almost half the boost from a stoplight as it did with the 2200 stall in it

Nick284

Reaction score
I have a triple disc in mine, stock stall or close to it. (The company who built my converter told me, and assembled my trans) but if it does ever go. I was planning a 2200 stall. I hear thats a hot ticket!! But i didnt know this at the time lol

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.