whats everyone running for singles!!

Nick284

Reaction score
Always tried reading up on tuning also. Me personally took a shot and run gear head. Always on the hottest setting. How is innovative? Ive heard great things about both!! But earlier post said innovative nailed it and OD isnt until 63

B585Ford

Reaction score
The 66 was a .9 with an 81 wheel, IIRC.

Very true. But there are pros and cons to each setup, but everyone here seems to be pretty segregated with their responses. Either they're very pro single turbo or very anti-single turbo.

Ok. I was hoping you had done a housing switch only. In all these single threads, that is one thing I have never read...a comparison on the same truck how much difference changing the housing only made...I realize that would be dependent on the turbo, but I was always curious.

getstroked27

Reaction score
seeing as i am the only guy here running the H&S Motorsports single kit here (i think) i will give my two cents. the kit itself is different from the others, it has a cast pedestal, custom 64mm charger, soon to be billet spinny thing equipped, and unlike most single setups, it is far from laggy. granted i'm still not going to see much boost at 1500 RPM on the highway, but that is the only case where it doesnt light as fast as a hooker in a meth lab. but then the downfall is that from my experience, its not a fan of other chargers. could obly get 28 PSI out if a BW 66/74/.88 setup. but a little birdy told me that it is a good candidate for a compound setup ;) i have seen great single setups with all kinds of chargers on them, they all do good in their own way. best way to figure out what is your best option is to run some. gather data. start where you think it'll be perfect, swap exhaust housings, play with tuning, just mess around. thats the bestest way. no truck is going to perform just like another, even with identical setups.

fordman2121

Reaction score
Ive been debating the 467.7 on my 2wd. We put one on my brothers 6.7 w/stock fuel and it runs great and tows the pull truck great. Hes also sitting on 37s and 3.31 gears. If it spools that good on a 6.7 with big tires it should do about the same as a 6.4.
Im just not ready to pull the trigger yet and pull the stock twins.

3brorce

Reaction score
6.7 cummins has more displacement and is an inline motor so it will spool large chargers with ease. But I have a feeling a 467.7 will spool better than a 366 on a 6.4 just like most other platforms. I personally think s366 chargers are turds.

RSK

Reaction score
like the title says, im looking to see whats out there for different options. on stock fuel, or post what you have done. im thinking of upgrading to a bigger charger, im curious if anyone is running anything other then a 366 or 472, etc... something outside the box. like a 467.7 or anything like that. garret maybe... liking my setup but might wanna switch chargers!!

i bolted on an s594 single with .88 t6 housing spools fine just have to re arrange everything and put a new intake on and need a 300% over injectors and a little custom tuning, roll coal like mofo but when it lights it hit so hard it breaks an a part in the driveline everytime, single turbo ftmfw!

I put a stock dodge charger on and picked up 101 hp and it spools better than stock.

I raise your hy35 to a single turbo of a cat 3126 supports 1000hp quicker spool up and soupppper cheeeeap! single for the win, because every truck starting with the 5.9 cummins to 7.3 turbo diesel to the gm 6.5 turbo diesel were all single turbo's, and now people wanna be different and do a single turbo :doh::doh::morons: different like the millions of other single turbo trucks out there....:shocked:

HOOV3R

Reaction score
i bolted on an s594 single with .88 t6 housing spools fine just have to re arrange everything and put a new intake on and need a 300% over injectors and a little custom tuning, roll coal like mofo but when it lights it hit so hard it breaks an a part in the driveline everytime, single turbo ftmfw!

I raise your hy35 to a single turbo of a cat 3126 supports 1000hp quicker spool up and soupppper cheeeeap! single for the win, because every truck starting with the 5.9 cummins to 7.3 turbo diesel to the gm 6.5 turbo diesel were all single turbo's, and now people wanna be different and do a single turbo :doh::doh::morons: different like the millions of other single turbo trucks out there....:shocked:

That's pretty impressive making 1000hp with a turbo off of a 7L 300ish hp Cat engine....

swinky

Reaction score

You're an idiot.

sootie

Reaction score

drink much?

Nick284

Reaction score
pretty sure ive decided to go with the 367.7 FMW that htt offers i believe. ive been talking, and finding people running different options here, and on instagram lol. seems like everyone likes something different then the 366. that being said the 367 seems to spool better and lay down identical power atleast. so il try that out, if i decide to dish out the money on a new one, also staying with a 300 series which im happy with...

RSK

Reaction score
pretty sure ive decided to go with the 367.7 FMW that htt offers i believe. ive been talking, and finding people running different options here, and on instagram lol. seems like everyone likes something different then the 366. that being said the 367 seems to spool better and lay down identical power atleast. so il try that out, if i decide to dish out the money on a new one, also staying with a 300 series which im happy with...

sweet truck should sound nasty, and be fun! I had a single turbo cummins with a few different chargers on it, one about the size of an s472 but all billet and it was fun, but i'm very thankful for my factory compounds my 6.4 has now, Good luck and post up some video's when its all in there!

3brorce

Reaction score

Come on go with 467.7 lol.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.