whats everyone running for singles!!

Reaction score
We have had very good results with the gt4094r. Stockish spool, carries boost while cruising, easily able to tow heavy. A gtx4088r would spool even better while making the same or better power. All the garret kits just cost a little more. Depends on how you want your truck to perform. Both kits will be priced above $3k if that gives anyone an idea.

Next week we will be releasing the s400 and garret kits on the website for people to see pricing and purchase.

3brorce

Reaction score
We have had very good results with the gt4094r. Stockish spool, carries boost while cruising, easily able to tow heavy. A gtx4088r would spool even better while making the same or better power. All the garret kits just cost a little more. Depends on how you want your truck to perform. Both kits will be priced above $3k if that gives anyone an idea.

Next week we will be releasing the s400 and garret kits on the website for people to see pricing and purchase.

Have any sneak peaks of the s400 kit or just going to wait til release?

Josh@DirtyDiesels

Reaction score
For the most part, the single threads always end up in a pissing contest.

Sadly, nobody here can actually seem to give the pros and cons of a big single versus the factory compounds with drop-ins. Just seems to beyond the scope of anyone's mental ability to stay true to the topic and not whip out their peepee and start measuring.

As far as I'm concerned, I've only known a single setup. I bought my truck equipped with a 466 and enjoyed the heck out of it until I put on the 72. Now that I have the 72 with twin pumps, bigger nozzles and a built head, I can't stop driving it.

A built head? lol you must own the only 6.4 with only one head! #amazing

Didn't you have 1.01 at one time? If so, what was the difference?

No, it was a .90 with 83 turbine wheel. Was about to go on my truck until it didn't fit... stupid bullseye race cover...

LOL

Where's Collester, I know he's going to chime in on this.

HI

I don't beat on the truck outside a 50mile circle from the shop

pussy a$$ b!tch lol. It's amazing how you put 70-80k miles on, all within a 50 mile radius of the shop <3

Last edited:

Josh@DirtyDiesels

Reaction score
But in all seriousness, Mike's suggestion of riding in a truck with a single is really the best idea. Properly done single setups are where it's at!

RyanDiesel

Reaction score
How do you like it driving? What kinda egts / spool do you see?

It drives very nice with very good spool up, I have ran the .95 and 1.05, t4 housing. the 1.05 does not tow as well, and at freeway speed towing I get a haze out of the exhaust at low boost. I can hit 1650 EGT in 1/4 mile runs. it produces 32-35 boost drive is 40-45 psi in the upper rpm, with my elevation of 5900.

B585Ford

Reaction score
It drives very nice with very good spool up, I have ran the .95 and 1.05, t4 housing. the 1.05 does not tow as well, and at freeway speed towing I get a haze out of the exhaust at low boost. I can hit 1650 EGT in 1/4 mile runs. it produces 32-35 boost drive is 40-45 psi in the upper rpm, with my elevation of 5900.

Was there any difference in Max boost or EGTs between the housings?

TY'S08FX4

Reaction score
I've had Morgans s400 kit on my truck for a few months now works great, I bought the kit minus the turbo and made my own intake

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
I am not a fan of the single, never understood why people wanted the noise or the lag . but I am a realist and everything has its purposes and peoples needs and wants are all different, and can be satisfied in different ways. I would assume a properly sized smaller single can out power stock turbos easily with slightly worse spoolup, and bigger ones properly sized can do more, just moving from one desire of drivability to another of power. the non vgt definitely makes more power. I had mike spool his 75 for me at TS because I had to know, it wasn't that bad., I think he had a loose DPC converter. prolly tough for on-ramps and 60-70mph acceleration, but people just have to decide what their goals are.

B585Ford

Reaction score
Very little.

Thanks. So from your experience, would you say you would recommend always (when in doubt) to go with the smaller housing so spool up will be better yet you will lose minimal top end? or is that trying to draw too many conclusions from one setup?

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
When you saw it mike it had the 75 83 1.10. That was a horrible setup

yeah I have no idea what it drove like, just felt like the loose converter let it spool pretty easily on the brakes.