With H&S MCC coming think IDP will tune on H&S

phale

Reaction score
there is a serious cost factor to think about, you have to purchase a mini or black maxx then pay $199 for a license to tune it (I think that is right). That means for a tuner to make any money on their tunes it would probably cost $2000-$2500 for a setup.

B585Ford

Reaction score
there is a serious cost factor to think about, you have to purchase a mini or black maxx then pay $199 for a license to tune it (I think that is right). That means for a tuner to make any money on their tunes it would probably cost $2000-$2500 for a setup.

Mini Max = $901 and Black Maxx = $1186
Not sure on the license fee but lets call it $199
Professional programmer charges $400-$600
Total = $1501-$1985
Is there a fee I am missing?

Definitely not cheap, but this will be only way a 6.4 can have custom tunes that are shift on the fly.

Gearhead

Reaction score
The shift on the fly isn't all it's cracked to be..... it is only changing the fuel map but timing stays the same yikes! Idk about you guys but I don't think it is a good idea to run a race timing map with a tow file's fueling.....

WILD_PHIL

Reaction score
Matt I have heard the same thing. I was reading another discussion a few months ago on the issues with shift on the fly in general. I will put mine on X race and leave it unless I tow. I personally like the display of the black or mini max better then the live wire, and would love to have the ability tune my own ride like EFI live gives.

B585Ford

Reaction score
The shift on the fly isn't all it's cracked to be..... it is only changing the fuel map but timing stays the same yikes! Idk about you guys but I don't think it is a good idea to run a race timing map with a tow file's fueling.....

I was under the impression that all parameters could be adjusted per tune (like EFI) so it would truly give you the ability to run 4 completely different custom tunes. I assume you hear different?

Gearhead

Reaction score
timing changes OTF. hence different cruising fuel mileage with different levels

on h&s it stays elevated. load the hot damn put it to stock power and look at timing then run it on max power and log timing and tell me if gou see a difference

WILD_PHIL

Reaction score
Chit the not knowing is going to kill me. Lol Do y'all know if MCC is going to be released for all three of their current tuners? I know their redoing black Max, so I'd hate to get the mini and find out its only for the black or something

drunk on diesel

Reaction score
on h&s it stays elevated. load the hot damn put it to stock power and look at timing then run it on max power and log timing and tell me if gou see a difference

how are you logging timing? just curious

I notice a large difference in steady cruise mpg between the various levels. assumed it was timing related

B585Ford

Reaction score
Chit the not knowing is going to kill me. Lol Do y'all know if MCC is going to be released for all three of their current tuners? I know their redoing black Max, so I'd hate to get the mini and find out its only for the black or something

Black and Mini but not the XRT

H&S Bentley

Reaction score
If they have ALL of the parameters that we get for the SCT, then I will consider it.

In all honesty, I have never used SCT's custom software for the 6.4L. If you could send me an e-mail with what they offer, I could match it or even improve on it. customtuning @ hsperformance.com. I am deep into the 6.4 development right now, and would love to know what the competition offers. With the MCC there should be NO limitations as to what we can do in the ECM/TCM. Many think that our MCC software for the 6.7L Cummins is limited, but they forget that they are starting with a base H&S tune and building from it. All of the emissions info / main limiters / and thousands of other changes are already in the base file. Thus you don't need to worry about it and can stick to the basic fueling parameters. Some may see this as a downfall, but as others use it I think they will greatly appreciate it. As time progresses, we will add more and more content to the MCC definition files. But as for right now, know that our 1500HP 6.7L Cummins race truck is tune ONLY with MCC software. The same exact tables available to the public are exactly what our race team uses....

Let me know what your desires are, as a current custom tuning provider. We will work to cater to the needs of those that know what problems they have run into in the past. We are here to improve the tuning game for everyone and will do what we can to provide the most versatile product on the market.

Thanks!

Last edited:

H&S Bentley

Reaction score
Good post. Jackass. Hahahaha.

What up Mr. Mike! Always love to see your Avatars...

Just a screen shot from this morning of the MCC software we are working on. Give you an idea of a few of the parameters we are allowing the end user to have access to:

6.4MCC.jpg

Last edited:

Gearhead

Reaction score
"Turbo vane control maximum"..... is that the maximum value of the VGT or the table I am used to dealing with and what I call the "first guess" that feeds into the PID control loop? There should be 2 separate ones as well for EGR on and off.

H&S Bentley

Reaction score
"Turbo vane control maximum"..... is that the maximum value of the VGT or the table I am used to dealing with and what I call the "first guess" that feeds into the PID control loop? There should be 2 separate ones as well for EGR on and off.

Could be, I am not familiar with how SCT names things. But I am going to assume that you are speaking of the duty cycle tables for the turbo vane actuator. There are two tables mapped in my MCC software right now that are the initial values the turbo system will choose before making learning adjustments. Then it will use the "desired exhaust back pressure" tables to fine tune itself into range.
6.4MCCTurbo.jpg

Gearhead

Reaction score
Could be, I am not familiar with how SCT names things. But I am going to assume that you are speaking of the duty cycle tables for the turbo vane actuator. There are two tables mapped in my MCC software right now that are the initial values the turbo system will choose before making learning adjustments. Then it will use the "desired exhaust back pressure" tables to fine tune itself into range.
6.4MCCTurbo.jpg

There they are.... Vane Control 1 should be Without EGR and Vane Control 2 should be With EGR. These are the "first guess" when entering the operating zone for that cell and are further tuned by the PID control with feedback from the EBP sensor. Right now only the EGR OFF table is available in the SCT software.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online