04 ex w/low hpop pressure

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
I've never relied on engine oil for these. I either use dielectric grease or STP...

STP is amazing...

1000010290.jpg

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
As far as the Parker lube goes, my buddy just got me a bunch of it. I'm in the experimental phase right now with it, I've been using it on my pool/hot tub/house water filter o rings. If it passes then I'll take it to work.

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
It's just strange that I can't recall any failures with these when I installed them...

That one E series I had it had a huge leak. It had just gotten stc update and both tubes 6 months prior... Left side was blown out big time. Put it back together, oh shit the pump leaking too wtf, they biffed the o ring on the 1 piece stc... Re psi tested after installing new, **** the right side tube is blown too... All 3 parts the prior shop installed all blown o rings... What the **** did they use on install??..?

That was tough to explain to customer that everything he just paid to have changed.... Was blown again...

bismic

Reaction score
I still think that the parts themselves are to blame for a bunch of the failures (and especially when aftermarket parts are used). That said, no doubt in my mind that some people are not taking proper precautions on the installation. I would like to think that everyone in the business of charging for repair work would easily and properly install standpipes, but I know that isn't the case....unfortunately some people just don't care.

So many parts suppliers advertise their stuff as "Motorcraft" and "OEM", but it is obvious that they are counterfeit. It is a BIG problem.

Last edited:

Rickyhoe26

Reaction score
I know this post is older but I think you may have an answer I'm looking for. Doing studs and front cover upgrade on my early 03 6.0. Now it'll hav the 100mm w/p. I found a good 6.0 that must be a late 03 04 because it has the wavy oil rails but still has 18mm dowels and has cast hpop cover with the aluminum pump. I needed the heads so I installed them but when I went to install the log style rail I quickly realized I messed up. Rocker cover mounting bolts are different compared to wavy style. Can I get different stand pipes to run the wavy style with my early 03 hpop? Thanks for your time if you ever read this.
Appreciate the info. This is the first 6.0 I've tore into. I swapped the rocker box back to the correct one. Now as soon as I get the oil cup o-rings I'll install them and should be good. Thanks again!

Members online

No members online now.