08-10 Door Panels in an 05??

jkidd_39

Reaction score
I just bought a set of 08 KR door panels for my 05 KR. Anyone done such a swap?

I figure they will bolt up but I might have to custom wire them.

Anyone help?

bigbadford01

Reaction score
slide right on. no issues except the power lock switch. need to solder wires on or get the pigtail from ford. I have done several of these conversions already.

jkidd_39

Reaction score
slide right on. no issues except the power lock switch. need to solder wires on or get the pigtail from ford. I have done several of these conversions already.

Sweet. I was getting concerned I bought something that wouldn't fit. Got any part numbers on those pigtails or how much they run?

Thanks alot

bigbadford01

Reaction score
not sure on part number. they run $45. each wholesale from what i remember. I just soldered mine and crimped the connections to existing factory wiring.

Whitezotti

Reaction score
I am in the process of painting the panels tan. Before I install. I have the first 08 panels in medium pebble tan. In 06 they stopped the pebble color and went straight to camel tan. I even got the center console re upholstered. {\rtf1\ansi\ansicpg1252
{\fonttbl\f0\fnil\fcharset0 .HelveticaNeueInterface-M3;}
{\colortbl;\red255\green255\blue255;\red0\green0\blue0;}
\deftab720
\pard\pardeftab720\partightenfactor0

\f0\fs34 \cf2 \expnd0\expndtw0\kerning0
\outl0\strokewidth0 \strokec2 \
}

Whitezotti

Reaction score
I even ordered the whole door panel wire assembly for a 08 and from what it looks like is it will plug in where the 06 assembly goes

co04cobra

Reaction score
h

I even ordered the whole door panel wire assembly for a 08 and from what it looks like is it will plug in where the 06 assembly goes

Dude you are spreading some sh!t tonight. This thread was 3yrs old and there are other threads with people that did this swap.

I'm not trying to come off as a dik.

That 08 door harness will interchange with pretty much nothing on your 06 door. The 06 harness extends into the cab to above the go pedal and the 08 will stop at your door pillar.

Whitezotti

Reaction score
I was just asking . I am installing them soon and I needed advice/help. I couldn't find any threads close enough to this topic. That's what this site is for right

chromehound

Reaction score
Honestly I'm kinda glad you brought this thread back up otherwise it'd of never occurred to me to even see if you could swap the newer panels in. Feel free to post pics of your progress and part numbers. The more info the better IMO.

Whitezotti

Reaction score
Thanks bro. Yea I posted some pictures on the main page. Do you another way to post pictures on this thread without having a photo bucket? Or etc? I have some pictures I would like to post on my phone but it will only let me do a link.

co04cobra

Reaction score
And I have a 08 harness and a 06 harness and the plug is identical .

The plug for the window switch not for door locks. And the 08 harness as a whole has nowhere to plug in on an 06 truck.

You can make it work, I'm just saying that is not plug and play.

The door does not have the holes for the 7mm mounting screws on an 08 panel and the sail panels are different.

That's just a few differences you will run into.

Latest posts

Members online