08-10 Door Panels in an 05??

Whitezotti

Reaction score
Yes the door wire harness is plug in play. The 06 and 08 are the same plug. I currently have the 08 and have a picture of the 06. I'm talking about the whole harness in the door . The harness that controls everything

co04cobra

Reaction score
Your first pic almost has to be from an 07. What is the build date on your truck ?

The sail panels are still different and the door is missing 4 mounting screws.

Whitezotti

Reaction score
My build is a early 06 before the 20 mm head studs. And the sail panels in the picture is 08 sail panels and they swap right over except the wiring unless I have the door wire harness which I do. And yes I know the early fords 99 to 08 have less mounting screws for the actual doors. I will probably have to drill some. And I know the door handle on the 08 is sticking out more. I bought some 08 handles . If they don't work I've seen people use .5 of a inch of washers. Basically the door has to slide down more when you pop it on. And the handle will be in the way from the old handles. I've done my studying on this swap. Just some things I think I will get stuck on. Like the Pfm relay . Where does it go and how do you wire it? I know there's empty space on the fuse panel. But I guess I'm gunna have to wire it from there ? Luckily my mirrors came with the Pfm relay for each mirror.

Whitezotti

Reaction score
My truck is still a 06 just the early ones. And I wish it was the 20 mm head studs they would probably work a little better. And possibly could put 6.4 heads on there. Or id have a better chance of putting those heads on there

Whitezotti

Reaction score
And if I had a later 06 my truck interior paint would be camel. Not meddium pebble which they stopped in mid 06 and went to camel tan. Which the 08 tan is camel. I got a short end of the stick but at least I have a later 6.0. No offense to 6.0 guys but my dad had a 04 and he had problems all the time . With his egr and other stuff. My truck now has a lot of miles and I bet many people would be shocked how many miles my 6.0 has. I've heard people say some 6.0s were made on Mondays and some were made on wensdays to Fridays. The lazy days I'm guessing.

co04cobra

Reaction score
What is the 10th digit of your VIN? I'm not saying you're wrong, but I have tore apart a lot of trucks and have never seen a 06 have separate harness. It has always been in 07 up trucks.

So I am asking for my own curiosity.

Whitezotti

Reaction score
I'm sorry man I don't have my truck and I don't have the com my truck is at tsd getting the powermax rebuilt and sent to barder to get the turbo rebuilt and upgraded to a 68mm and I'm getting my hpop installed. I put some injectors in but on 6.0s to really get them to work you gotta get a good hpop or two hpop's

Whitezotti

Reaction score
This one is specifically called the 06 harness out of that truck and this is where that 06 picture came from. The 08 came from my personal pictures. But yea man maybe they changed it in 05 when they changed the panels. Like in 02 when the changed the buttons and stuff. The harness is still expensive tho

Whitezotti

Reaction score
Yea man I understand I always study stuff and make sure I'm 100 percent right . I don't like to say something if it could be wrong. I just won't say it.

Whitezotti

Reaction score
If you look at a 03 door harness on ebay the plug Looks totally different. Do you know the bulb number for the speedometer lights and the switch lights? Are they t4 or t5?

IHPowerstroke7.3

Reaction score
I'm sorry man I don't have my truck and I don't have the com my truck is at tsd getting the powermax rebuilt and sent to barder to get the turbo rebuilt and upgraded to a 68mm and I'm getting my hpop installed. I put some injectors in but on 6.0s to really get them to work you gotta get a good hpop or two hpop's

Uhhh... Why are you rebuilding a Powermax and getting your turbo rebuilt by Barder? Think about that for a minute...

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.